Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birth friend hospitals/OBs

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell is where (city/state), what hospital or what OB(or both), and what the positives are about these places.(no pressure, baby friendly status, no formula giftbags, no IV required, water birth allowed, etc etc) This post will be edited as replies are added.

Arizona

Boojum ob/gyn-Chandler, AZ

drkells.com-Chandler, AZ

Chandler Regional-Chandler, AZ

Mercy Gilbert hospital- Chandler- AZ

California

Kaiser-Roseville, Antioch, and Walnut Creek, CA

Illinois

Rush Copley Medical Center-Aurora, IL

Louisiana

Willis-Knighton South, Shreveport, Louisiana

Massachusetts

Cambridge hospital-Cambridge, MA

Minnesota

St. Joseph's Hospital-St.Paul, Minnesota

Nebraska

niversity of Nebraska medical center-Omaha, Nebraska

New Hampshire

Caring Partners (Dr. Mueller)-Rochester NH

Frisbie Memorial Hospital-Rochester NH

Nevada

Dr. Steven Harter (delivers at Summerlin and Centennial Hills hospitals) Reno-Nevada

Mike O'Callaghan hospital on Nellis AFB- Las Vegas, NV

Texas

Sid Peterson Regional Medical Center-Kerrville, TX

Washington

St. Joseph's Hospital-Bellingham, Washinton

Dr. Frederick J. Gunningham- Bellingham, Washington

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (51-60):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Aurora Womens Pavilion/West Allis Memorial Hospital in Wisconsin is VBAC friendly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Texas

Fort Worth Harris Methodist with the Midwives of UNT 

Water labor and birth

delay cord clamping

DH caught baby

periodic fetal monitoring (they insisted on doppler and SAID they did not have fetoscope)

Baby-friendly designated (twice they tried to take him to the nursery to weigh him or prick him)

It is still a hospital- so bring your birth plan and (most importantly) your doula!

Chillisarah
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Alternative Birth Care
Providence Hospital

Southfield, MI

http://www.theabcunit.com/

Chillisarah
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Gross Pointe Family Birth Center

(Beaumont Hospital - Gross Pointe, MI)

**Baby-Friendly Status**

http://womenshealth.beaumont.edu/grosse-pointe-family-birth-center

SusanRiggs
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 5:00 AM

Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!.Great tips, I would like to join your blog anyway.Waiting for some more review.

Online Pharmacy

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I didn't have a hospital birth, or an OB, but my midwife had a friend who was an OB that she told me a lot about and did my u/s. He is an old fashioned doctor who, from everything I hear and from meeting him, does not believe in getting in the middle of someones labor and birth and dictating what should be done. He's open to natural births and water births. He works at a birthing center for deliveries that have their own tubs and showers and work around the women's birth plan. He is located in Cottonwood, Arizona, his name is Dr. Robert H Jochim. His daughter also is an OB but I hear she's more in the middle of everything and not as good as her dad.

Should also note that he "used" to do breach births and multiple vaginal births (I think he still is willing to attempt the multiples). But since the state stepped in, he isn't allowed to do a breach birth, or so I have been told.

Melame68
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Idaho - st alphonsus regional medical center.

allow midwives, natural birth freiendly, lovely LARGE birthing suites, no nursery, routine visits from lactation consultants, different birthing positions, no water birthing but they do have a jacuzzi to labor in, they let me eat, no iv (though they did recommend a hep lock just to keep the hospital policy "police" off my back, so i got that but it wasnt used). when i had my second baby i told them flat out, no drugs, no interventions. i told them i had them with my first and i regret it to this day. i just wnat to let it happen. they were all SO SUPPORTIVE in the end when i was begging for drugs they just told me "no, you know you will regret it". i had the on call midwife and she was amazing. i delivered sitting up in bed. she told me to push when i wanted! did perenial massage and didnt touch the baby until she caught her! she was amazing. if i ever ended up having to have another hospital birth, i would go to that midwife and i would deliver in that hospital no questions asked!

FrancineSmith
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Brooklyn, New York

Dr. Kliot's office is amazing. He has a full staff of midwives. Not only does he support VBAC, he is an enthusiast. He encourages VBAC patients to utilize MW's. He takes most insurance, including Medicaid. I have zero complaints.

FrazzledRuby
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Harris Methodist- fort worth, tx UNT midwife association

2forKaty
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:01 PM
St Anthony's in crown point Indiana
Midwife Bernie Price also in Crown Point Indiana.

She routinely does water births delayed cord clamping and asks you if you want your placenta!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)