Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birth friend hospitals/OBs

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell is where (city/state), what hospital or what OB(or both), and what the positives are about these places.(no pressure, baby friendly status, no formula giftbags, no IV required, water birth allowed, etc etc) This post will be edited as replies are added.

Arizona

Boojum ob/gyn-Chandler, AZ

drkells.com-Chandler, AZ

Chandler Regional-Chandler, AZ

Mercy Gilbert hospital- Chandler- AZ

California

Kaiser-Roseville, Antioch, and Walnut Creek, CA

Illinois

Rush Copley Medical Center-Aurora, IL

Louisiana

Willis-Knighton South, Shreveport, Louisiana

Massachusetts

Cambridge hospital-Cambridge, MA

Minnesota

St. Joseph's Hospital-St.Paul, Minnesota

Nebraska

niversity of Nebraska medical center-Omaha, Nebraska

New Hampshire

Caring Partners (Dr. Mueller)-Rochester NH

Frisbie Memorial Hospital-Rochester NH

Nevada

Dr. Steven Harter (delivers at Summerlin and Centennial Hills hospitals) Reno-Nevada

Mike O'Callaghan hospital on Nellis AFB- Las Vegas, NV

Texas

Sid Peterson Regional Medical Center-Kerrville, TX

Washington

St. Joseph's Hospital-Bellingham, Washinton

Dr. Frederick J. Gunningham- Bellingham, Washington

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (71-80):
Eliots_momma
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Mission hospital in Asheville, NC!!

They are baby friendly! They allow for water births, they allow you to move freely and encourage movement and walking over meds, they nurses were all wonderful, they educate about pain meds but don't push them, baby rooms in, LCs visit you everyday, no mention of formula, they gave me a free Harmony pump, the nurses are knowledgable about about bf... I could go on, and on :) they are AWESOME!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I didn't have my son in the hospital. But my midwife referred me to an OBGYN for my ultrasound that she works with in emergencies. He is an older fellow, not sure if he is still practising or not. He has a lovely Birth Center in the Verde Valley/Cottonwood are of Arizona. His name is Doctor Jochim. He is really laid back (I saw him after I had my son for getting and IUD and getting it out, and also for a yearly), he sits and listens and talks through things with you, he used to do breach births as well until the state told him he couldn't (although if a patient insisted he would probably still do it)... um... last I heard he does encourage VBac's.

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Elgin, IL

Michael Riermaier, MD. he practices at Sherman Hospital in elgin. the Hospital is not very vbac friendly but he is. he has a weird sense of humor and at times seems rushed but fully believes a womans body is able to birth a baby with little help unless there is a medical reason. i was 35/36 weeks pregnant when my ob said he would no longer "let" me have a vbac so i switched drs. he took me at 36 weeks and was all for a vbac. let me eat whatever i wanted and did intermittent monitoring. i labored for 24hrs at the hospital and there was no mention of a c-section.

scheper
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Hackettstown Midwives, Hackettstown, New Jersey

I had two beautiful water births at Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, NJ, with them.

milkmama36
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

St. Vincent Midwife's Billings, MT

I moved from Indiana to Montana when I was 34 weeks pregnant and delivered at 39 weeks, but from my limited time with the St. Vincent Midwives I was very impressed. Their are currently 3 Nurse Midwives on staff, their newest member Kimberly Peabody handled most of my appointments and delivery and was wonderful. When I went into labor my RN kept encouraging me too get into the labor tub, but I had already spent the morning in my tub at home and was over it. They let me walk, kneel, squat etc. through my labor and delivery however I wanted. Instead of me waiting on the staff to be ready and tell me when and how too push they catered to my timeline. I was only asked about drugs once when I was admitted and my nurse and midwife were very supportive, gentle and soft spoken. The only part I did not care for was the fetal monitoring when I was first admitted. Once I had filled out all the paper work and answered questions and asked too have it removed though it came off for good.

GoodyBrook
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Quoting milkmama36:

St. Vincent Midwife's Billings, MT

I moved from Indiana to Montana when I was 34 weeks pregnant and delivered at 39 weeks, but from my limited time with the St. Vincent Midwives I was very impressed. Their are currently 3 Nurse Midwives on staff, their newest member Kimberly Peabody handled most of my appointments and delivery and was wonderful. When I went into labor my RN kept encouraging me too get into the labor tub, but I had already spent the morning in my tub at home and was over it. They let me walk, kneel, squat etc. through my labor and delivery however I wanted. Instead of me waiting on the staff to be ready and tell me when and how too push they catered to my timeline. I was only asked about drugs once when I was admitted and my nurse and midwife were very supportive, gentle and soft spoken. The only part I did not care for was the fetal monitoring when I was first admitted. Once I had filled out all the paper work and answered questions and asked too have it removed though it came off for good.

Sending you a PM re:  Billings, MT

vanityrayne
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM
My first dd was born in Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. Everyone was great. Rooms were perfect and anyone can be in the room. Can do anything, walk around, shower, stand ect. Can say yes or no to meds and IVs.

My second dd was born at Phelps County Regional Medical Center Rolla Missouri. Was sketchy bc I heard bad things. They try to encourage meds. I had my parents and hubby there to make sure they didn't slip anything in my IV bc they said IV was mandatory. They did not. I refused meds point blank. They constantly ask if you need some. They wouldn't allow me to walk around or shower or anything. I had to stay in bed. The night nurse was great tho. But I didn't like my hospital stay like my first.
Here in Missouri Midwives are illegal. And no hospital does water birth. There's maybe 2 places in the state that does it but I lived too far
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I love this post! Bump! :)

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
kspear0120
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

In the Atlanta area check out Dr. Joseph Tate. His office is in Norcross, GA. He is very VBAC friendly. I had a successful natural VBA2C with him.  Delivers twins and triplets naturally. Allows labor for 24hrs w/o intervention. Delivers at Emory University Hospital Midtown Atlanta. They do not do waterbirths but they do have birthing balls on site.

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Hillcrest Hosptial in Mayfield Hts Ohio is a "Baby Friendly Hospital". No formula is pushed at all. The lactation consultants are great. They do have a birthing tub. Workers (like me) have a lactation room to pump when we return to work. They also have a email support that they send everyweek to help and answer and questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN