Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birth friend hospitals/OBs

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell is where (city/state), what hospital or what OB(or both), and what the positives are about these places.(no pressure, baby friendly status, no formula giftbags, no IV required, water birth allowed, etc etc) This post will be edited as replies are added.

Arizona

Boojum ob/gyn-Chandler, AZ

drkells.com-Chandler, AZ

Chandler Regional-Chandler, AZ

Mercy Gilbert hospital- Chandler- AZ

California

Kaiser-Roseville, Antioch, and Walnut Creek, CA

Illinois

Rush Copley Medical Center-Aurora, IL

Louisiana

Willis-Knighton South, Shreveport, Louisiana

Massachusetts

Cambridge hospital-Cambridge, MA

Minnesota

St. Joseph's Hospital-St.Paul, Minnesota

Nebraska

niversity of Nebraska medical center-Omaha, Nebraska

New Hampshire

Caring Partners (Dr. Mueller)-Rochester NH

Frisbie Memorial Hospital-Rochester NH

Nevada

Dr. Steven Harter (delivers at Summerlin and Centennial Hills hospitals) Reno-Nevada

Mike O'Callaghan hospital on Nellis AFB- Las Vegas, NV

Texas

Sid Peterson Regional Medical Center-Kerrville, TX

Washington

St. Joseph's Hospital-Bellingham, Washinton

Dr. Frederick J. Gunningham- Bellingham, Washington

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (81-90):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM

University of Utah Hospital.  SLC, Utah.  (Also a "Baby Friendly Hospital"!)  They accept VBACs, natural delivery of twins and triplets at their Maternal Fetal branch.  Great OBs, but a lot of residents (some with poor "customer service" that will hopefully come with experience).  Very supportive of a mama's decisions during labor...  Like everywhere, though, go with a support team and a plan!

kiki2382
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Woodbury, mn woodwinds hospital
As natural as you can get in a hospital. Water birth option, no formula or pacifiers. Every room had a huge soaking tub for labor with scented bath salts. View of the woods out the windows.
Stacey615
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I had my oldest son at St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo, WI n my youngest son at Sauk Priaire Memorial Hospital n Clinics Sauk City,WI

Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

They were birth friendly?

Quoting Stacey615:

I had my oldest son at St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo, WI n my youngest son at Sauk Priaire Memorial Hospital n Clinics Sauk City,WI

larissalarie
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Two of the three hospitals here in Fort Collins/Loveland (Colorado) are certified "Baby Friendly" and in my experience were highly supportive of a natural birth.
They are: Medical Center of the Rockies & Poudre Valley Hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pepe22
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I went to the UofM (University of Michigan) in Ann arbor Michigan. I went to their midwives and had an excellent experience. It is a very fancy hospital. Lol it the hospital that everyone is life flighted to if the other hospitals aren't good enough. When you go to their midwives, you do what you want. I had a nice big room, NOT once did anyone come in and ask me if I wanted an epidural( and I never asked). They had two separate tubs. Both of which were big and fancy. The laboring tub and the birthing tub. The laboring tub is there if you just want to labor in a tub but don't want to do the birthing in it. Obviously if your going to birth in it you can labor in the "birthing tub". There were no intruders, which is a big thing for me. I don't want any man besides my DH seein me in that condition. And that's the way it was. No male doctors or anything,(or female) came in. But were easily accessible if there were to arise a problem. The midwives were wonderful and I discovered something amazing that every water birthing mother needs! A floaty pillow. A pillow that floated and actually help me up after I hadn't slept in over 30 hours. 'twas amazing. Hope all my future birthing experiences are just as nice!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoInLove515
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Just wanted to say, I love this post! I'm hoping Northern Virginia comes up. ( I am moving there and will be ttc)
SoInLove515
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh that's awesome! It almost sounds like a birthing center.

Quoting kiki2382:

Woodbury, mn woodwinds hospital

As natural as you can get in a hospital. Water birth option, no formula or pacifiers. Every room had a huge soaking tub for labor with scented bath salts. View of the woods out the windows.

Hotpink06
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Family Birthing and Wellness Center Springfield, Missouri

TotallyConfused
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Dr Hurd OB/GYN, Florence AL
-he's taken over the ob clients from dr musgrove who's slowly retiring

He serves as the back up dr for midwife Tori Dennis, who works just across the state line in St Joseph TN at the 'birth with hope' house :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)