Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Chinese birth chart

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 24 Replies

Anyone hear about the chinese birth chart? I guess if you match your age when you conceived and the month you conceived, it tells you what you are suppose to have. Has anyone actually followed this? Does it work? Is this just one of those crazy baby myths? Thoughts?

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Pretty much an old wives tale but it's pretty fun to look at.
My first is wrong, but my second is right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilostmy_keys
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Was right for my first two, not my third. I mean really. Its a chart based on random info and it has a 50/50 chance of being right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM
It said both mine were going to be boys. My first was a girl, and I am currently pregnant with another girl. Like pp said its pretty much a wives tale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM
There is something to Chinese astrology, but those charts are never done right. Half of the ones I looked at for both girls predicted girl, the other half boy. None of them considered lunar age, location of conception, location of birth, which are all factors in Chinese astrology. It's not just 'what month were you born? You're having a boy!' it's way more complicated.

But charts are fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmh4girls
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
#1 = wrong (it said boy but I had a girl)
#2 = wrong (it said boy but I had a girl)
#3 = right (it said girl and I had a girl)
#4 = right (it said girl and I had a girl)
#5 = it said boy and we find out gender next month! kind of hoping for a boy since we already have 4 girls, but if it's a girl, we'll be just as happy :)

Lilypie - (oNTg)

Lilypie - (2j6p)

Lilypie - (dkNa)

Lilypie - (0jgL)

Lilypie - (P4JU)

mjrex87
by Mindy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

According to the chinese chart, I was supposed to have a boy. I had a beautiful baby girl. :-p

outstandingLove
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I just checked it based on lunar month and i'm supposed to have a boy. ...I want a girl so bad!

iMommyDi
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I have found only one site that does it based off of true Chinese lunar astrology. It calculates your LUNAR age (not your actual age), you place/time of conception. Based off that site, it was right for DS1, but wrong for DS2. If I use the typical sites which only use your actual age and cenception date (not location/time zone), then it was correct for both boys.

It's fun to look at, but I don't hold my breathe with it ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Didn't work for dd, and I don't suspect it'll work for this one either.

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

for ds it was wrong for dd it was right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)