Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hernia after pregnancy?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone had problems with a hernia after pregnancy? I gave birth vaginally almost 6 months ago and just found what I think is a hernia on my left groin right in the crease of my leg. It doesn't hurt but got a bit bigger over the weekend. Any similar experiences? What did you do to fix it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:16 AM
Hmm havent had one no idea:(
Hope its not a blood clot or anything like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Not to freak you out but id prob get checked first thing inthe morning for a clot:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Dvt (blood clot) in the round ligament veins post partum can often look like an inguinal(groin) hernia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Let us know when u find out:(
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I don't know what it could be, hope it gets better fast.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 7:02 AM

A friend of mine just had her hernia fixed but i don't know if hers was pregnancy related, her baby is 10 months.

hello_kitty25
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I had one in my belly button around the same time after my pregnancy with my 1st. I had to get surgery to put it back in of coarse, but now that im pregnant again the stitch is poking through my belly button! If it is a hernia, you will need surgery. I tried to work out to much to soon after birth

fahmom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:08 AM
I have one just above my belly button. I did not notice it until several weeks after delivery. Mine is also none painful. I declined surgery. It was the only option the doctors gave. It has been 13 months and it has gotten smaller but still there. It was a half dollar size and now is about the size of a nickle. I am not doing as much in terms of exercise to repair it as I could be. After extensive research surgery scares me. Especially the incidence of reoccuring hernia's. Best advice...consult a doctor and do some research.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elisybeth
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the help. I don't really have an update yet. I called my dr office and they couldn't get me in until Friday so I'll have more info then. They didn't seem to concerned so I guess I shouldn't be. It is just weird that it is in my groin area and not around my belly button like so many other women. I'll keep you posted. I also think I may have exercised to quickly after delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)