Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Wipes

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM
  • 17 Replies

Made my own baby wipes.  It was so easy and fun to do.  My daughter helped mix the castile soap and coconut oil in the water.  Dumped over paper towel and finished before we knew it.  It feels good to know the boys are getting washed up good after each diaper change. 

Do you make your own wipes??

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cpflum08
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I make my own cloth wipes:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBugz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:16 AM
thats awesome! Do you use fabric or what, for the wipes? What is the recipe? I really want to make my own wipes since ds is so sensitive. I
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Quoting LoveMyBugz:

thats awesome! Do you use fabric or what, for the wipes? What is the recipe? I really want to make my own wipes since ds is so sensitive. I

I used some Brawny paper towel, one roll cut in half with 1 1/4c water, 1T soap and 1/2T oil.  I watched this, it shows you exactly how to do it.

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/mama-resources/expert-panel/diba-tillery-rn-bsn/making-homemade-baby-wipes

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

LoveMyBugz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Awesome thanks!

Quoting Sarah725:

Quoting LoveMyBugz:

I used some Brawny paper towel, one roll cut in half with 1 1/4c water, 1T soap and 1/2T oil.  I watched this, it shows you exactly how to do it.

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/mama-resources/expert-panel/diba-tillery-rn-bsn/making-homemade-baby-wipes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Yes I do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Yes, we use old receiving blankets and I bought a few cloth wipes from a CD store.

I usually use plain water but sometimes add a few drops of EO or Dr. Bronner's soap.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

we had way too many washcloths for DS so i took an old huggies container and put the wipes in there and put enough water in them to wet them. i dont use anything special. 

mehargval
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I just use washcloths and water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I made cloth wipes using old flannel blankets and wash clothes.  It's great when you figure out a way to save $$$

catholicmamamia
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Awesome!

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)