Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

diaper changes

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM
  • 15 Replies
Every time my daughter poops, I have to wipe between her labia because it gets pushed up in there.
Is this normal with girls? Should I fear infections? Am I doing anything wrong? Is the area too sensitive to be wiped 3 to 4 times a day? She poops that often!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I hate that :( My daughter has been like that lately too. Daddy will be changing her sometimes and is like 'can you come finish this? it doesn't feel right to be going into that much detail with a little girls parts' cause it is really up in there and takes awhile to clean.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Normal. Wipe front to back with a fresh area of wipe and she should be good as long as whatever you're using won't cause a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

happens with my daughter every time since she is mobile. its normal and no infections yet. just try and keep in clean.

kristina0121
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Thanks. I just wondered if its common with girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

completely normal. i have to do it when my daughter poops too. really dont want her gettin an infection there because i didnt wipe enough.

FebPenguins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I have a small confession, I don't always use wet wipes to clean my kids. I put them in the shower and spray them off. Usually after spraying them off they end up taking a bath, so whatever is left is "washed" off.  Is that an option~ occasionally?

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I don't have girls but that seems fine to me.

Quoting FebPenguins:

I have a small confession, I don't always use wet wipes to clean my kids. I put them in the shower and spray them off. Usually after spraying them off they end up taking a bath, so whatever is left is "washed" off.  Is that an option~ occasionally?

maggiandmike
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I've done that but poop stays in her labia, no joke. Even after SITTING in the water. I think in our family they are just really meaty I guess and don't spread when the girls sit. It surprises me actually when I change a diaper at church or for a friend that theirs are not as chubby there as my girls. I'm just so used to how my own babes look.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiandmike
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Op, very very normal. I've had to do it from day 1 because like I said in the earlier post my girls just that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Totally normal. Make sure you always wipe front to back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)