Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I need some advice with my daughter...

Posted by   + Show Post
She's four and a half and always been very healthy. In the last few months she just keeps getting sick. She had her first ear infection ever, several nasty colds, and chicken pox! This time she's had a sore throat for a couple days and threw up twice this morning. Should I do something for her immunity like supplements or something? I thought about giving her breast milk to drink. Is that beneficial in any way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Replies (21-23):
krazykiddles
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I was going to tell you strep.  My daughter has that right now also.  Same symptoms and everything.  It is going around like crazy! I hope she feels better very soon!

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM
If she is continuously taking antibiotics it can actually hurt her immune system and gut after the fact. I'm sure they will prescribe them again. Make sure you can get her on probiotics immediately and keep her on them. No Dr will admit this but her body could have too much yeast from taking antibiotics. It can really damage your bodys immune system and cause frequent ear infections and sinus infections. I would look up natural remedies for getting rid of yeast like grapeseed oil extract. Probiotics are crucial to fighting off yeast. I'd also look into a gluten free diet as sensitivities to it can cause immune system problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehargval
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM
This is only the second time she's had them in her life. The first being for the ear infection in March. Do you think that's too close together? Do they have special probiotics for children?

Quoting jconney80:

If she is continuously taking antibiotics it can actually hurt her immune system and gut after the fact. I'm sure they will prescribe them again. Make sure you can get her on probiotics immediately and keep her on them. No Dr will admit this but her body could have too much yeast from taking antibiotics. It can really damage your bodys immune system and cause frequent ear infections and sinus infections. I would look up natural remedies for getting rid of yeast like grapeseed oil extract. Probiotics are crucial to fighting off yeast. I'd also look into a gluten free diet as sensitivities to it can cause immune system problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN