Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice with my daughter...

Posted by   + Show Post
She's four and a half and always been very healthy. In the last few months she just keeps getting sick. She had her first ear infection ever, several nasty colds, and chicken pox! This time she's had a sore throat for a couple days and threw up twice this morning. Should I do something for her immunity like supplements or something? I thought about giving her breast milk to drink. Is that beneficial in any way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
mehargval
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM
She is vaxed. But there's no cold vaccine....that I know of.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

What does her Pediatrician say?

Your daughter sounds like shes building up an immunity to these colds...so once they happen, in your immune system you have something called "Memory T Cells" that will remember the code for each cold so she wont get it again,.,so my guess is maybe she wasn't vaccinated???? 

Good luck, ask her pediatrician.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

How did she get the chicken pox if shes vaccinated?

And getting a cold is like your own vaccination you will never get the same cold twice.

Quoting mehargval:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Your daughter sounds like shes building up an immunity to these colds...so once they happen, in your immune system you have something called "Memory T Cells" that will remember the code for each cold so she wont get it again,.,so my guess is maybe she wasn't vaccinated???? 

mehargval
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not uncommon.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

And getting a cold is like your own vaccination you will never get the same cold twice.

Quoting mehargval:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehargval
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM
And I'm guessing her immunity was already down from the ear infections, etc. That all happened in a weeks time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Vaccines at best only offer around 30%-90% immunity for a few years

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Quoting mehargval:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Strep is yucky :( hope she feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 7:14 AM

vitamins and breast milk would be great for her.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 2, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I had a friend who was vaccinated from the chicken pox and she still got it twice, crazy.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Quoting mehargval:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

thundersky
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM

i read in my herbal remedy book garlic has the most benefits if it is cooked some. i prefer picked garlic you eat it whole after 6months. they are a little sweet. i have a simple pickling recipie if any one wants just PM me.

Quoting doulala:

If you can get her to eat it raqw this would also be very good.    I eat it raw daily and sometimes bribe my kids to have some when sick but they won't.   lol

Quoting mehargval:

We're garlic freaks already. She'd probably eat it raw lol

Quoting snowangel1979:

Try adding a little garlic into her diet. I sneak it in all sorts of things I cook.

It has helped our immune system a ton. I haven't been sick in years and my children are rarely ever sick now.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I would give her vitamin D and probiotics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)