Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DAMN doctor!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 23 Replies

I know some people hate the words birth rape so I will say birth assualt, but I was assaulted during my sons first birth in many many ways! It was awful, the doctor was rude to me when I first got pregnant so I refused to see him again but during deliver he was the one on call.  He sliced and diced me requiring repairing surgery to my girl parts...hubby said it looked AWFUL. ANYWAYS...20 months ago he forced my SIL into and induction earl because they did not catch her GD til 34 weeks, induced her at 37(baby was almost 10lbs), but after 3 hours and  only 6cm progression..yes on 6cm from 0cm...sigh, he forced her into a csection..she still is burned by the whole thing.  A few weeks ago my friend gave birth, Dr hall was the doctor on duty, she didnt connect the name and let him stay there to deliver.  He used pitocin when she stalled out during a VBAC and ended up slicing and dicing her like he did me.  It was traumatic for her too.

I JUST found out that SAME doctor is the cause of my friends preterm delivery.  she called him said I think my water broke and Im having contractions he said no wa and told her just to come see her after lunch that day(this was at 2am) she went to see him at 2pm and sure enough she was at 10cm.  They had to call 911 and she had to deliver him at 24.5 weeks!! This couldve been prevented!

This man should NOT be practicing medicine!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

is there some way to complain to someone?? Like the hospital board or something??? thats horrible.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Many of us have tried, my records have come up "missing" from his office when I tried to have them transferred to another office.

He gets most of his patients from Medicaid assigning.  VERY few returning patients and they doctors even leave after short periods of time.

The Midwife I was seeing ran for the hills as soon as she could, which is why I got stuck with him!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

This man even botched my oldest circumcision...

Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

seriously someone needs to be called!!!!! that is just horrible

louzannalady
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

*literally crying* That is sooo terrible! Since you know about all of these, is there anyway you can contact each of these women and get them to talk with you directly about their experiences and create a letter to send to the medical board in your state with all of their stories. And encourage them to write their own stories and send it in. : *( What state are you in? I can probably find the address to your medical board. I see you say he gets a lot of people from Medicaid. The only way this is going to change is if enough people write about what he has done to the medical board.... *breathes deeply*

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

h_minkus
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

This! Even though I know there are docs out there like this, it pains me to hear these stories. I mean I seriously have a physical reaction. Ugh, I am so sorry and I hope someone can do something!!!

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

seriously someone needs to be called!!!!! that is just horrible

Hannah

Work from home LDS mom of 3 boys, ages 5, 2, and brand new!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I am in NC, fayetteville to be exact.  The man is a butcher and is just trying hard to make money.

I just found out he did this to my friends from HS when I posted on my FB..he broke her water at 1cm gave her pit even though she was progressing fine, used forceps etc etc when none of it was needed.

this man ordered morphine for me when I was 39 weeks and in labor..they didnt tell me what they gave me til I was screaming when it burned me

Quoting louzannalady:

*literally crying* That is sooo terrible! Since you know about all of these, is there anyway you can contact each of these women and get them to talk with you directly about their experiences and create a letter to send to the medical board in your state with all of their stories. And encourage them to write their own stories and send it in. : *( What state are you in? I can probably find the address to your medical board. I see you say he gets a lot of people from Medicaid. The only way this is going to change is if enough people write about what he has done to the medical board.... *breathes deeply*

louzannalady
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Tabi, I know you, you can organize these women. Please do it! You will need to write a letter about your experiences. Then, if you want you can compile these women's names and include their stories. You can even write out a letter for those that are not able or willing and let them review them and sign them and mail them for them! The more letters they get, the more likely they will take action. This has GOT to STOP! : *( The first is the North Carolina medical board's site for filing complaints. They have the forms on there. Also, please mail these letters to the Federation of State Medical Boards (used to work there). They don't have any way of really doing anything, perse, but at least if these letters are in his file, there is a chance if he applies for licensure in another state, there is a chance these letters may follow him- in case your state's board for some (INSANE and ILLOGICAL) reason does not take displinary action against him. 

http://imp.ncmedboard.org/consumer_resources/complaint_process/

The address to the Federation of State Medical Boards is: 400 Fuller Wiser Road, Suite 300 Euless, TX 76039. 

http://www.fsmb.org/contactlist.html

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I am in NC, fayetteville to be exact.  The man is a butcher and is just trying hard to make money.

I just found out he did this to my friends from HS when I posted on my FB..he broke her water at 1cm gave her pit even though she was progressing fine, used forceps etc etc when none of it was needed.

this man ordered morphine for me when I was 39 weeks and in labor..they didnt tell me what they gave me til I was screaming when it burned me

Quoting louzannalady:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

thundersky
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

i say class action suit him for malpractice. 1 is coincidence but 4 is a pattern.

lalaboosh
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My records go missing when I need info to support my cannabis prescription AND when I complained to the state board. We need to speak up! What can we sharpie or paint onto shirts to start conversations about this?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Many of us have tried, my records have come up "missing" from his office when I tried to have them transferred to another office.

He gets most of his patients from Medicaid assigning.  VERY few returning patients and they doctors even leave after short periods of time.

The Midwife I was seeing ran for the hills as soon as she could, which is why I got stuck with him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)