Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I know some people hate the words birth rape so I will say birth assualt, but I was assaulted during my sons first birth in many many ways! It was awful, the doctor was rude to me when I first got pregnant so I refused to see him again but during deliver he was the one on call.  He sliced and diced me requiring repairing surgery to my girl parts...hubby said it looked AWFUL. ANYWAYS...20 months ago he forced my SIL into and induction earl because they did not catch her GD til 34 weeks, induced her at 37(baby was almost 10lbs), but after 3 hours and  only 6cm progression..yes on 6cm from 0cm...sigh, he forced her into a csection..she still is burned by the whole thing.  A few weeks ago my friend gave birth, Dr hall was the doctor on duty, she didnt connect the name and let him stay there to deliver.  He used pitocin when she stalled out during a VBAC and ended up slicing and dicing her like he did me.  It was traumatic for her too.

I JUST found out that SAME doctor is the cause of my friends preterm delivery.  she called him said I think my water broke and Im having contractions he said no wa and told her just to come see her after lunch that day(this was at 2am) she went to see him at 2pm and sure enough she was at 10cm.  They had to call 911 and she had to deliver him at 24.5 weeks!! This couldve been prevented!

This man should NOT be practicing medicine!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (21-23):
peaches_04
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Id tell your friend to report it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

WOW Dr Meeks delivered my second child, it wasnt natural but it was what I wanted at the time and went well.  Thats so awful

Quoting TwoSugars:

I had a birth assault experience in fayetteville with my first born. He was born at cape fear and Dr meeks i think was the name of the man who did it. Not sure really since they drugged me out of my mind against my will. Gave me pit even though i was progressing fine and loaded me up on demerol after i told them no but refused to give me an epi after screaming for 10+ hours for one. They just told me to shut up because i was scaring other patients. I have to have reconstructive surgery when I'm done having kids because of the horrible job he did stitching me. Pieces of myself were falling off into the toilet... that's how bad it was. :(

TwoSugars
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM
He also took me of my thyroid meds and said i was misdiagnosed. Then i gained 80lbs on a vegetarian diet and told him i was vomiting 10-12 times a day and he said it was because i got fat. I always wondered if my son is autistic because he's took me off my medication because a side effect of having a pregnancy with an untreated thyroid problem is mental handicap, low iq, and other kinds of brain damage.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

WOW Dr Meeks delivered my second child, it wasnt natural but it was what I wanted at the time and went well.  Thats so awful

Quoting TwoSugars:

I had a birth assault experience in fayetteville with my first born. He was born at cape fear and Dr meeks i think was the name of the man who did it. Not sure really since they drugged me out of my mind against my will. Gave me pit even though i was progressing fine and loaded me up on demerol after i told them no but refused to give me an epi after screaming for 10+ hours for one. They just told me to shut up because i was scaring other patients. I have to have reconstructive surgery when I'm done having kids because of the horrible job he did stitching me. Pieces of myself were falling off into the toilet... that's how bad it was. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)