Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I feel so horrible! :(

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
DF just told me that his friend's son, who is 22 months old has an appointment today with a Dr to get his circumcision fixed? Re-done? He said when it was done at the hospital at his birth, they horribly messed it up.
I feel so bad. I know this subject is always a debate (I'm hoping it won't turn into one in this post). Since we have a girl, we never gad to discuss circumcision, but I just recently started doing some researching just in case we ever have a boy.
But why would they wait so long to "fix" it? I don't understand.... poor baby. This is going to be really really tough on him isn't it? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 1, 2012 at 1:31 PM

My guy is 9.5 and will most likely want his fixed when he is olde rbut for now it doesnt pain him, just looks different.  They may have waited hoping it would grow and be less of an issue.  OR the urologist required the baby to be 2 years old many do

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Ohhh ok! They're really horrible parents, so anything is possible I guess lol. I don't know why Df is friends with them :/
Hopefully it all goes well for him :)

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My guy is 9.5 and will most likely want his fixed when he is olde rbut for now it doesnt pain him, just looks different.  They may have waited hoping it would grow and be less of an issue.  OR the urologist required the baby to be 2 years old many do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yup, it's considered major surgery after a certain age. A friend on my FB just had her son done at 9 months. I read that and thought "WHY THE HELL DID YOU WAIT TO DO IT??" and then I wondered if maybe she was pressured to if he wasn't. Either way.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Christian had to have his done at a urologist due to issues. The office would only do it in office up to 2 months and up to 10 lbs. After that it became major surgery and would have to put the baby to sleep so they would wait until the baby was older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)