Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

nap fights PIOG

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
These past few days my dd will not nap. She is fussy whiney tired as hell but refuses to sleep. What can I do? I posted in another group but get the "just let her cry". I refuse to do CIO. Never have, never will do it. She's 13 months and has always slept. I'm losing my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gbcmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Sorry girl. I am having the same fight. * exactly right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I just managed to nurse her to sleep. She's been fighting the boob, too lately. She only wants it when she wants it.

Quoting gbcmom:

Sorry girl. I am having the same fight. * exactly right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM

hugs

WackadooMom
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM
My 14 month old did the exact same thing about a month ago. I was at a loss then one day he got back on track. It lasted about 2 weeks. Hang in there hopefully it is just phase like it was for us :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM

teething? I was recently reminded that they get molars around a year. i think that's what we're going through :(

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM
DD just turned 13 months yesterday, I think It's the age.

With DD I just keep laying her down, she stands up and starts crying. I lay her down again. She cries for a minute, go do it again. LOL.

Then she falls asleep because she knows I'm not letting her get up and play. IDK my DD is stubborn, if she knows I'll let her get up, she won't go to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM
That can be very frustrating :(
I also don't agree with CIO. It could definetly be teething, new milestone etc. I would try walking, nursing, rocking, car ride? Hopefully it'll just be a quick phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

hugs 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

helema24
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

you could get gripe water which may take care of tummy or teething issues that you may not see. its a natural antacid that works at keeping the tummy settled and in turn calms the baby!!

kitty8199
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM
She doesn't even want to nurse to sleep. She does at night. She randomly pulls at my shirt but when its nap time she isn't having it even though she's tired.

Quoting melindabelcher:

That can be very frustrating :(

I also don't agree with CIO. It could definetly be teething, new milestone etc. I would try walking, nursing, rocking, car ride? Hopefully it'll just be a quick phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN