Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever advice?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 20 month old son woke up from his nap cranky and with a fever of 102.4. The old me would have grabbed the tylenol but I recognize fevers are his body's way of fighting off infections. He's acting okay, just a little clingy and an hour later his fever hasn't gotten worse. I have witnessed a fever climb high really quickly before so I'm wondering at what point would you do something about it? I was planning to monitor him every 15 minutes or so and if it climbs to 103 (especially if it's quickly) to do a bath. I don't want to just call the doc because I know they will just push the tylenol. Does this sound reasonable?
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Sounds reasonable to me.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM

That's what I normally do.  Lots of nursing (or fluids), luke warm bath, keep an eye on it.  It's more important how the kid is acting. 

jillj501
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Thanks ladies!
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Watch how he acts. The height of the fever isn't the concern. As long as they are able to keep fluids down adequately it should be fine. They use more fluids with fevers. cool baths loosely dressed etc. If baby becomes to groggy to nurse another form of fever relief needs to be utilized. (ie tylenol) the concern is when ther fever won't come down even with tylenol.
My son had fevers 104-105 every month from 6-18 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Sounds reasonable to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)