Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

someone please help!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

I really want to try cloth diapers but I have no clue what i am doing!Ok what are liners for???what is the difference between liners and the cloth diapers??Sorry I am so clueless but no one in my family uses them and I think it will definitely cut down on cost and diaper rashes.What are the best ones??do they leak really easy? i need to know both the positive and neg about them.PLEASE HELP!!!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
outstandingLove
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM

BUMP!

Naegore
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I don't know either, but here is a bump for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM
go to cuties with cloth booties group an ask questions. To get you started. Liners are just to remove poop easily. A sprayed works well too. Leaking depends on what kind you get, how heavy a wetter ur child is, etc. There is a post on in here on sposies and cloth alternatives but it's back about 10 pages. I am mobile right now. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Cuties and cloth diapering mamas are the two biggest groups. They both have excellent stickies with aaalll the basic info to get you started. Cuties is more fast-paced and social, a group of friends who also cd, and cdm is more on topic. :)

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

go to cuties with cloth booties group an ask questions. To get you started. Liners are just to remove poop easily. A sprayed works well too. Leaking depends on what kind you get, how heavy a wetter ur child is, etc. There is a post on in here on sposies and cloth alternatives but it's back about 10 pages. I am mobile right now. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberklo
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM

thank you!!lol its ok : )

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

amberklo
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM

thank you!!I just joined : )

littlelambe2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

There are a couple cloth diaper groups on here that might be good to check out.

There is also a lot of information on the internet... here are a couple good links:

Explanation of cloth diaper systems

Pros and cons of the different types of diapers

Short table on different types of diapers

Hope that helps... here are a few more

Best detergent to use for cloth

How to wash cloth diapers

Sorry for so many links, but there is so many different types of cloth out there, as well as so much information, its hard to formulate a short answer to your question!

Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM

liners really help with removing the poop OR if you dont buy the safe butt cream for cloth diapers you can use a liner and it should keep the butt cream away from the cloth diapers (like desitin...if you use that on your cloth dipes they wont absorb as well)

if your diapers leak they may not fit your baby right OR they may need a different washing/drying reoutine. personally i like fitteds and covers. you can buy prefolds (they're really cheap) and sew them into fitteds (you can also put elastic on those) look on hyenacart.com they have a lot of good diaper makers on there!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

This!

Quoting TTC2Long:

This. Cuties and cloth diapering mamas are the two biggest groups. They both have excellent stickies with aaalll the basic info to get you started. Cuties is more fast-paced and social, a group of friends who also cd, and cdm is more on topic. :)

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)