Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old Asher was attacked last night by my inlaws chow mix.  The dog is known to be aggressive, the dog is usually not allowed in the house when we are there.  My husband asked that the dog be put outside, his father refused and his brother was leaving town this morning to return to Alaska so it was not really possible for us to leave.  Asher tripped over the dogs foot and fell, though NOT on the dog.  The dog jumped up, pinned him to the floor and bit him multiple times. 1-2 times on the cheek and once on his head.  Thank fully the dog had his shots.  Asher is ok, swollen, bruised and 3 looping stitches by a plastic surgeon later he acts as though nothing happened last night.  I however am very shaken.  I saw this happen second by second.  I relive it everytime I close my eyes.  I am crying writing this even though I know he is OK.  In the ER the surgeon waited while he was nursing and said that nursing will help the muscles and nerves reconnect to keep it up.

If I seem off I apologize, I am just not myself right now.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
mehargval
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Omg. I can't imagine how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehargval
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I can't believe they wouldn't put him out!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM
:( wow I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine thinking that way. I hope the AC puts it down so it can't hurt anyone anymore.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Yeah if it had been my nephew yep...they told me I was overreacting when I told them I wanted the dog dead

Quoting saltyalley1227:

I was wondering the same? Will they get rid of the dog now? My FIL would kill his dog with his bare hands if it bit one of his grand babies.

I'm glad he's ok hope it's a fast recovery!

Quoting Naegore:

How horrible!! Poor baby!! How have your inlaws responded, if I may ask?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM
That is ridiculous!! So sorry!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Naegore:

They blame the baby and us

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Timon6903
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM
You are NOT over reacting at all!! If it had been one of my kids my SO would have killed that dog before AC had a chance to decide anything... I hope your inlaws make the right choice.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Yeah if it had been my nephew yep...they told me I was overreacting when I told them I wanted the dog dead

Quoting saltyalley1227:

I was wondering the same? Will they get rid of the dog now? My FIL would kill his dog with his bare hands if it bit one of his grand babies.

I'm glad he's ok hope it's a fast recovery!

Quoting Naegore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I saw that picture last night on facebook( we have a friend in common) I felt so bad for that baby I didn't know it was your baby! Hugs to you and Asher!

krazykiddles
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

How does your family feel about the dog now?  I understand they are "members" of the family, but this is excusable!  I would have not let my kid around the dog if you already asked them to leave it outside.  They should feel awful, that is really irresponsible pet ownership.  I have kids and a dog (pomeranian), the kids always come first!  I am very very sorry for you and your little boy! I have a hard time feeling bad for the owners of the dog family or not!

rlhall1980
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Omg! I can't imagine how terrified you must have been and your son as well. Glad he is alright!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Poor baby!!! Glad he is ok and hope he recovers soon!! :( :(
Hopefully your in laws will have enough sense to choose their grandkids over that dog, but judging from your replies, it might not end up that way. :(
((Hugs)) Mama, I can't even imagine going through that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM

My husband did not hurt the dog or deck his dad like he wanted to becuase he is a good man, he knows that his 4 kids did not need to se anymore bloodshed.  They were already freaking out.  My oldest said I dont want my brother to die over and over and no matter how much I told him his brother would be fine he did not believe me, I had to have the doctor come tell him.  My boys are CLOSE so they were already traumatized hubby hurting the dog or his dad wouldve made things worse on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)