Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My 2 year old Asher was attacked last night by my inlaws chow mix.  The dog is known to be aggressive, the dog is usually not allowed in the house when we are there.  My husband asked that the dog be put outside, his father refused and his brother was leaving town this morning to return to Alaska so it was not really possible for us to leave.  Asher tripped over the dogs foot and fell, though NOT on the dog.  The dog jumped up, pinned him to the floor and bit him multiple times. 1-2 times on the cheek and once on his head.  Thank fully the dog had his shots.  Asher is ok, swollen, bruised and 3 looping stitches by a plastic surgeon later he acts as though nothing happened last night.  I however am very shaken.  I saw this happen second by second.  I relive it everytime I close my eyes.  I am crying writing this even though I know he is OK.  In the ER the surgeon waited while he was nursing and said that nursing will help the muscles and nerves reconnect to keep it up.

If I seem off I apologize, I am just not myself right now.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Replies (31-40):
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Poor Baby!!!

I was bit in the face (from one cheek, through the lips, and to the other cheek) by a small dog when I was 3. I remember it to this day (30 years later). I was sitting under the picnic table with the dog and my dog. I ask if he was hungry. I went to get up to get him food. As I got up, I leaned toward him, and he bit me through my entire face. I had lots of stitches, but now only have 1 tiny scar. I still love dogs (but not little ones). It took me a long time to not almost have panic attacks with my inlaws little dog around my kids.

((HUGS)) to you and him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM
omg that's terrifying. Praying for a quick recovery! I'd be furious with my in laws, I'm so sorry you had to deal with your in laws being like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleykj
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so horrible and careless! Ugh how frustrating! (careless of the owners I mean). I don't even let my DD alone with my OWN dogs. I barely let them in the same room with her n if they do they are far enoug away that if they startle and jump up they won't get her and I am always between her and the dogs. I hate your Inlaws for this. AND they refuse to put him down (or at the very least find him a new home)????? F*CK that! Careless people like that don't deserve to own dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM
OMG! How scary! I am so glad he is ok! (Hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM
I'm scared of dogs because I was attacked by one when I was 2. Luckily my dad got me before I was seriously injured. I wish that hadn't happened with your baby. Please keep us updated.
(hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM
oh no!! This is my biggest fear b/c my son is too friendly with dogs. I hope he heals up great! That's awesome that ur still nursing so it will help him. It will take time to heal from that trauma but writing it down like this will help alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Oh no! Big hugs to all of you!

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Omg poor thing:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM
How terrifying! You guys and Asher will be in our prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Good!!
Normal I love animals but this one sounds like something needed to be done to

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

AC said that we could sign a waiver for the quarantine to be done at their home but we refused he was picked up last night.  They will investigate whether he is dangerous and determine is fate from there

Quoting Timon6903:

Poor baby :( this is sad. Since you live in NC and went to the ER for a bite don't your in laws have to turn the dog over to animal control for an investigation or quarantine? I hope Asher continues to do well and isn't traumatized!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)