Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Need Ideas for Celebrating my son's 1st Birthday- something lowkey

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello Ladies:

I need some ideas for celebrating my son's first birthday coming up on the 20th. I wanted to do something as opposed to letting his special day go by since it is a birthday and he recently had a minor surgery, however, I wanted to do something low- key since he will be turning one years old.  I was thinking about cooking out and just inviting my family, a small group of special friends that have been supportive to my son and a friend that has a baby around his age, but any ideas you have are welcomed and appreciated.  Thank You!

Sincerely,

Blessings2cum

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Timon6903
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I think a cookout is the perfect way to go! Everyone can hang out and it will still be a relaxed atmosphere but still celebrating your sons birthday. My SO an I only did a cookout when our girls turned one, it makes it less stressful and your ds won't remember it so no need to throw a huge party. My girls turn 2 this month and were just going to do a cookout again (and no new gifts, only used or recycled things), it definitely takes away any pressure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

We had a party at home. We did a baseball theme. We grilled burgers and hot dogs and had some potato salad and mac salad. We had to go big for dessert though. We had to get a regular cake for guests but had to get allergen cupcakes for the bday boy and his sister.

rachel_2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

We are planning to go camping that weekend, out someplace with no cell service.  Before we leave I'll do a little message on FB, so anyone who cares can drive out, if not doesn't matter. No presents, no ballons, no fuss, just fun exploring, friends can bring whatever they want to grill.  Family will still send him presents, even though he alread has too many toys! lol

Camping is really our thing though :P

sreichelt26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We just had my dd's 1st birthday on Sunday. We invited family and friends over, had cupcakes and punch, and opened presents. People stayed as little or as long as they could. 

littlelambe2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:53 PM

We did a family bbq for dd's first birthday. It turned out great! No big games or big rentals... just hamburgers, hot dogs, and cupcakes for desert.

blessings2cum
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Thank you ladies for your ideas and responding.  I appreciate it.  I am planning on doing the grilling/cooking out, just trying to decide if it will be set for 2 1/2 hours or 3 hours.

Sincerely,

Blessings2cum

Lydlou02
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Sounds perfect. We have a BBQ every year for my April baby. the Dec bdays are a lot harder IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM

The cookout sounds great. And just having one or two other babies around is a great idea. He can see other little ones without being overwhelmed or feeling he has to interact :)

JazzysWifey
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
a cookout sounds perfect, i agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessings2cum
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Hello Ladies:

Thank you to the recent responses also.  I wanted to know do any of you have any entertainment ideas for a young one year old's special day to of course include the adults, there will be only two babies including my son? I do not know musical chairs while holding the babies (lol) any tips??  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Blessings2cum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN