Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Lotus Birth....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Heard someone talking about this  and was wondering who has done one and why u did it.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
peaches_04
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Ive contemplated it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I've thought about it but I'd rather consume my placenta.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We were talking about this at my last appointment and my mw assistant said she did it bc she new it would gross out her mil and she wouldnt be stealing the baby and holding it all the time for those few days:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

That's hilarious!

To answer the question I never considered it-I would rather encapsulate it and doing both is possible but I'd rather be extra careful with safe handling of it for consumption.  Plus in nature it would never be left on that long and I tend to use that as a barometer for my choices.  Everyone I've heard of trying it ends up cutting it before it falls off naturally because the logistics of carrying the placenta everywhere get annoying.

Quoting peaches_04:

We were talking about this at my last appointment and my mw assistant said she did it bc she new it would gross out her mil and she wouldnt be stealing the baby and holding it all the time for those few days:)

thundersky
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

that is too much work for me.

littlelambe2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM

lol... sounds like a good enough reason for me :)

Quoting peaches_04:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Sounds like a great reason to me!

Quoting peaches_04:

MILFInProgress
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I don't know much about it except for the little my mw told me, but we will be cutting the cord about 30 minutes after birth.

Lynette
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Honestly it would be a pain to carry it around every where with the baby.  I left it attached for quite some time till I was sure it was done pulsating.  Bowl went every where baby & I went.  When the time came my 9yr old got to cut the cord.  And the placenta was encapsulated(to help w/ PPD).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)