Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hey, Ladies.

I was checking my cervix earlier because I felt some cramping and it seems like my cervix is low. Like, at the opening low. My dh is at work for the night shift, I have NO family in the area so I cannot get to the ER unless I called an ambulance.

I have my 2 kids with me and I am worried they would want to admit me to the hospital while I have the kids. I would LOVE to call dh but he works construction and I cannot get a hold of him so easily. The earliest I can reach him would be 10:00pm which is 5 hours from now.

Please give me some advice.

Is it possible it is not really my cervix what I am feeling and my cervix is just too high for me to feel with my fingers??

------------------------

Hey, Ladies!

I am sorry for the long break between replies and the update. I have been resting as much as possible.

The doctor has me on bed rest for awhile. He said I was dehydrated but I do not have a urine or bladder infection. They checked my blood and said all of my levels look great. They did not check the baby and wanted to do a pelvic but since there was only a male doctor on staff at the time, I refused the pelvic exam due to my religious beliefs.

They later discharged me and told me to stay on bed rest until the stage passes. If it does not pass within a week or so, then to discuss the issue with my OB. I have an ultrasound on Monday so I will keep you ladies updated after that. I have my next doctor appointment on Tuesday as well so next week will be hectic!

pregnancy

Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Just lay down and try to relax it sounds like normal cramping.

Rose87
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Cramping I am ok with. It is the cervix being so low! That is what worries me. :o(

Quoting JoJoBean8:

pregnancy

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Have you checked your cervix in other pregnancies so you have something to compare it to?

Quoting Rose87:

Cramping I am ok with. It is the cervix being so low! That is what worries me. :o(

Quoting JoJoBean8:

peaches_04
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt worry about it just relax

how often do u check yourself and why are you checking yourself thats only exposing u to bacteria increasing risk for infection or other complications especially this early on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I only checked myself today because I had cramping in, what felt like, my cervix. So I went to check and make sure it was all closed up.

I use sterile gloves when I check my cervix and take all necessary precautions. 

Quoting peaches_04:

I wouldnt worry about it just relax

how often do u check yourself and why are you checking yourself thats only exposing u to bacteria increasing risk for infection or other complications especially this early on

pregnancy

Rose87
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I never checked it with ds but I did with dd. It was never like this before.

I will just have dh take me to the ER when he gets home. Just in case. I think with my history of mc's it is better to be checked and have nothing be wrong than to not go and have something serious going on.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Have you checked your cervix in other pregnancies so you have something to compare it to?

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

pregnancy

KaylaCollins91
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

It could be a number of things. It might be your cervix. It does become swollen as you get further along. If your having severe cramping, or any bleeding you need to be seen. See if a friend would be willing to watch your other 2.

KaylaCollins91
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Actually. You might just have a short cervix b/c I had the same concern at one point. And it turned out i did have that

LuvAZmomma
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM
The we won't do anything for you I know from experience when I was pregnant I went in with craping and bleeding they did a cervical exam said it was closed and sent me home. There is nothing they can do that early in the pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracesMomNE
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Can you call your OB (do they have oncall service?)  I would just call the Dr oncall and describe your symptoms.  Normally they are reassuring or will guide you on what to do next.  Please keep us posted....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)