Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Dental work at 35 weeks pregnant

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone else done this? I dont know what i did, but one of my molars is KILLING me! Hurts when i move my head to quick, and my jaw/cheek is getting swollen and is sore if i talk to much. Im going to the walk-in dentist down the street tomorrow and hopefully they can tell me what the heck it is! Plus i have a tiny gray spot between my old root canal because the lady didnt put a post and crown in. Hooray.

I hope its not to dangerous, i googled some of the things i shouldnt be having done during my 3rd trimester, but it really hurts! and tylenol does nothing at all. Has anyone had a root canal or extraction or absess this late in pregnancy? How did it go?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
casanderson1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I had a deep cleaning but that was it. They told me taking care of your teeth while preggo is super important. It's good to get everything done before baby gets here because once they're here you will have no time! If you can call your OB and ask what you shouldn't do just to be safe.
CafeMom Tickers
hello_kitty25
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Quoting casanderson1:

I had a deep cleaning but that was it. They told me taking care of your teeth while preggo is super important. It's good to get everything done before baby gets here because once they're here you will have no time! If you can call your OB and ask what you shouldn't do just to be safe.

Ive been taking pretty good care of my teeth, but i dont have a dentist, this is kind of out of the blue, it just all of a sudden started hurting, I didnt know that calcium wasnt in my prenatals so i only started taking supplements for that a few days ago! I just cant stand pain in my face, i hope baby will be ok and safe in there, cause i need something done

Lilypie Maternity tickers

casanderson1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Quoting hello_kitty25:

I would call your OB or midwife in the morning to make sure you can go ahead and get work done on your teeth if you need it. I had Medicaid so I got to go to the dentist for free. Do you have insurance? Look online for a good dentist and get an appointment set up. You might just need a deep cleaning. I had horrible tooth aches until I got the deep cleaning done, which hurts but it was worth it. Your gums are what get real bad when your pregnant for some reason. Good luck!
CafeMom Tickers
casanderson1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and baby should be fine! Baby will get everything he/she needs and you end up being the one ho doesn't get enough. Just keep taking your vitamins!
hello_kitty25
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Turns out its an abcess starting, im getting it drained today! lovely. My whole face and jaw are in so much pain i could cry :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)