Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cosleepers ahhhh :'(

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM
  • 23 Replies
ok ds is 13 months and he fell off the bed this morning, we cosleep oneside is against the wall and we.have bed rails there a little gap between the headboard and where the rail starts and some how he fell through there...he landed on his tummy and we woke up by hearing him hit tge floor... :( i feel like throwing up, he cried for loke a minjte no tears infact poor lo was still sleeping when i picked him up ... anyays its been an hour he seems fine.... dh thinks hes fine we.checked him over. do you think we should bring him in??? sigh i know they wont do a ct or mori or xrays unless.hes vomiting . im freaking out :(
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Id just monitor him he should be ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LondonsMomma84
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM
4 moms liked this

He's fine mama.  Don't worry.  My ds has fallen off the bed more than once and as long as there are no bumps or bruises and he is acting normal he should be fine.  He didn't even cry much so that's a good sign.  

mimi0328
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Quoting LondonsMomma84:

He's fine mama.  Don't worry.  My ds has fallen off the bed more than once and as long as there are no bumps or bruises and he is acting normal he should be fine.  He didn't even cry much so that's a good sign.  

thanks girl! <3 he seems normal! i always freak out about things :/ i just love him so much
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I think he will be fine.  Sounds like he needs to have a crib sidecarred or sleep against the wall

_muffin_
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM

It happened to me too. Its worse for mom than the baby. 

mimi0328
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I think he will be fine.  Sounds like he needs to have a crib sidecarred or sleep against the wall

we have the bed against the wall and we tried to side cart but cant because his crib is a sleigh crib and theres a gap between the matresses :/ but you are right i think we are just going to have to buy a new one! anything for my peanut! thank you for yoir advice !<3
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

He is probably fine from the fall. Kids are very resisent. My son fell down a very steep flight of stairs when he was 2 and we took him to the ER and he was completely fine. The didn't run any tests just checked him out and talked to him. I think you're over reacting a little bit on that a bed is not that high and babies fall off them all the time.

As far as it never happening again I would take your bed off the frame and place the mattress on the floor against the wall. That is the safest way to co-sleep and if you're going to do it, doing it right is important because not all babies get to fall, some get trapped and that is much worse.

mimi0328
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quoting notjstanothrmom:

He is probably fine from the fall. Kids are very resisent. My son fell down a very steep flight of stairs when he was 2 and we took him to the ER and he was completely fine. The didn't run any tests just checked him out and talked to him. I think you're over reacting a little bit on that a bed is not that high and babies fall off them all the time.

As far as it never happening again I would take your bed off the frame and place the mattress on the floor against the wall. That is the safest way to co-sleep and if you're going to do it, doing it right is important because not all babies get to fall, some get trapped and that is much worse.

i do tend to overreact...i told.hubby this.morning we should take the bed off the frame and he was like no we arent putting the bed floor. im going to show him yoir comment though and i think he will listen. because i overreact and am.extrememly over protective he doesnt.always take things i say as neccessary" thank you for your advice!
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I over reacted with my first too. It's part of being a mom and thinking of all the crazy situations and things that happen to kids.

I wouldn't want to put my mattress on the floor either but you can buy these bags that will protect your mattress from anything and it really is the safest option.

Quoting mimi0328:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

i do tend to overreact...i told.hubby this.morning we should take the bed off the frame and he was like no we arent putting the bed floor. im going to show him yoir comment though and i think he will listen. because i overreact and am.extrememly over protective he doesnt.always take things i say as neccessary" thank you for your advice!

Namaste17
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure most babies fall off te bed at some point. No worries momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)