Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

ugh stupid baby story

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM
  • 16 Replies
I don't even know why I'm watching this show. This woman is dialated to 6 cm and hasn't changed in an hour and the doctor said if she doesn't progress in another hour, she has to have a c section. I'm sorry, but that is not a good reason! And the bad thing is, the woman just agreed with the doctor!! I would have fought hard against that. And if doc didn't like it, I could always leave. Doc said the reason is the babys head is swollen due to not progressing in two hours. Two only two. Okay vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

OH I know I was wacthing that too, she had an epi so she couldnt get up but they had her laying on her back..atleast sit her up!! Hell I would ratehr see a mom use pit then get a csection.

How in the world was babies head "molding" if baby had not dropped into the pelvis yet as she claimed?

Yuriko_chan
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Right?!? That's so crazy. I mean, were dine having kids, but if for some miraculous reason we get pregnant again, I will do a home birth. I can't stand the way doctoral treat their patients now these days.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

OH I know I was wacthing that too, she had an epi so she couldnt get up but they had her laying on her back..atleast sit her up!! Hell I would ratehr see a mom use pit then get a csection.

How in the world was babies head "molding" if baby had not dropped into the pelvis yet as she claimed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 3, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I refuse to watch that show! I get mad enough watching shows like 16 and pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Namaste17
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I can't watch that show. It pisses me off and gives me horrible anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I can't watch that show or my blood pressure would be through the roof lol

louzannalady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Yeah... Fifty-six hours of labor and DS's head was not swollen... He looked like the Alien, with a coned head. DH even asked DS at one point if he was scared of Sigourney Weaver, but he was happy and healthy and birthed vaginally! I can't watch these shows! I throw things at the TV and cry! I can't stand to see they normalize treating women like cattle! : *( 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Yuriko_chan
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I know right? It's such a mess. I hate seeing women treated like that. Like they have no rights or a say in what they want! I'm going to have to stop watching that!!!!

rena_goldmoon
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I was dilated to a 5 from 9am to 11pm. I am so glad I went with a midwife. Also my sister had been dilating a centimeter an hour at a hospital and when she reached 8 they decided she was going too slow and that she needed a c-section. We got her into a squating type position when the nurse left the room to talk to the docter and the baby was crowning before the docter arrived. That wasn't the only crazyness that happened with my sisters labor and delivery. I would rather give birth in the parking lot then in a hospital. Unless it was a true emergency obviously. And i stopped watching that show after my first was born. Way to stressful and agrivating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

N  O  why are doctors so stupid.

mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM
But I can't tell you how many shows I've seen where the mom's strong epidural is dragging out the pushing stage and she starts with "I can't do it anymore. Just cut him out", and every time they do. Doctors sure suck most of those times but I'm also frustrated with the people who want that "all bells and whistles" drugs and surgical package.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN