Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Blueberries have tons of antioxidents that are great for your body, but eating blueberries is not enough. That's why you need this pill.... Full if synthetic crap to mimic blueberries. Yep that's this commercial. Omg do people really buy into that crap? Nothing is better than the real deal, that's for all fruits and veggies. Wow.

I'm in a role today with the vents, huh?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (161-167):
jamiinvegas
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Yes there are 10 fruits that they say to never eat, not even organic, because they are STILL covered in pesticides and herbacides .  The skins are thin and consumed and even when grown organically pick up residues from nearby conventional farms .  It's best to grow your own if possible.  I don't remember the WHOLE list but Kale, lettuce, tomatos ,strawberries , blueberries and peaches were on the list .  Here's a short article that glosses it http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-walter-crinnion/organic-food-blueberries_b_594624.html

ysmeine
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM

They are called suppliments not replacements.I find that those that invest in vitamins also try to eat healthy. Those that eat junk wont spend the money on them.

What gets me is those that get the meal replacement shake mixes and add cake mix, pudding mix, and cool whip to make it thicker. Then they have an extra shake because they are hungry and don't think they are getting enough calories. No wonder you are gaining instead of loosing.

Yuriko_chan
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM
What, people add that stuff to the protein shakes?! I mean, they're not healthy to begin with but man...

Quoting ysmeine:

They are called suppliments not replacements.I find that those that invest in vitamins also try to eat healthy. Those that eat junk wont spend the money on them.

What gets me is those that get the meal replacement shake mixes and add cake mix, pudding mix, and cool whip to make it thicker. Then they have an extra shake because they are hungry and don't think they are getting enough calories. No wonder you are gaining instead of loosing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I will never cease to be amazed at what people will put into their bodies. I met a man at our Co-op last night who became a member because he had a medical issue (didn't ask) and found that treating it naturally helped. I said that I too was on a restricted diet to help me and that I had a horrible time the first week of cutting sugar out. He was quiet then said that he used to drink 12 POTS of COFFEE every day!! I just about died.  He didn't think it was an issue until he got into research. It just amazes me, literally, every time I come across someone who thinks that eating fast food every day for lunch or drinking that much coffee is good for you. Just like taking a pill that is FDA cleared will make everything better.

Uh Huh. Sure. I'll be in the Health and Wellness department when you realize you made a boo boo.

Des10ed2b
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quoting FrumpyMama:

I will never cease to be amazed at what people will put into their bodies. I met a man at our Co-op last night who became a member because he had a medical issue (didn't ask) and found that treating it naturally helped. I said that I too was on a restricted diet to help me and that I had a horrible time the first week of cutting sugar out. He was quiet then said that he used to drink 12 POTS of COFFEE every day!! I just about died.  He didn't think it was an issue until he got into research. It just amazes me, literally, every time I come across someone who thinks that eating fast food every day for lunch or drinking that much coffee is good for you. Just like taking a pill that is FDA cleared will make everything better.

Uh Huh. Sure. I'll be in the Health and Wellness department when you realize you made a boo boo.

this is how my dad is and it drives me CRAZY. he has smoked cigars nearly his whole life, drinks like crazy, eats tons of red meat. but he drinks fresh fruit smoothies in the morning. so seems to think that off-sets it all. 

ugh!

i think people seriously under estimate how much being healthy changes things. i am not saying that i NEVER let my kids get mickey ds (just got it today actually because my daughter is having a friend over), but when your primary foods are fresh, you dont want the crap nearly as often and you feel a million times better! i know that my fibromyalgia used to be horrible even though i ate decent. i had to start taking vitamins and supplements on TOP of eating well and REALLY had to cut down on the toxins and chemicals in my house to start feeling better. now that i do? i am NEVER going back!

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

Des10ed2b
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quoting jamiinvegas:

Yes there are 10 fruits that they say to never eat, not even organic, because they are STILL covered in pesticides and herbacides .  The skins are thin and consumed and even when grown organically pick up residues from nearby conventional farms .  It's best to grow your own if possible.  I don't remember the WHOLE list but Kale, lettuce, tomatos ,strawberries , blueberries and peaches were on the list .  Here's a short article that glosses it http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-walter-crinnion/organic-food-blueberries_b_594624.html

yep. these are some of them. or at least eat them sparingly. 

on the other end though, things with thick skin or rinds, like bananas, oranges, grapefruit, etc is so thick it doesnt matter if it is organic or not as long as you wash it and dont eat the outside. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

busysupermom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I totally agree that eating the REAL thing, lots of fruits & veggies everyday is the best way to support a healthy immune system, fight illness & disease!  all those 1,0000's of antioxidants, phyto-nutrients & micronutrients that are proven to be SO nutritious for our body.  Most people do not eat enough, or the variety, CONSISTENTLY (365/yr) to impact and sustain the preventative & healing properties of whole food.  Or, we cook the nutrients out of the food!  Thats why Juice Plus is the "next best thing" to fruits & vegetables.  I recently attended a conference to learn more about 'exactly' how it is made and what is in it: Concentrated WHOLE-FOOD!  It has a food label, not a supplement label.. Wow.. NO pesticides, herbicides, nothing synthetic at all, Its the evolution of the "vitamin". 

Have a great day everyone!!

For MY family, we take Juice Plus+ to augment our daily diet-- it bridges the gap in our diet and I feel good knowing that we get the 'foundational' nutrition in our body.. I have one son who is a VERY picky eater, and would never 'touch' Kale, let alone EAT it, but he happily eats JP+ chewables twice/day, everyday!! 

Learn more for yourself on Juice Plus+ Youtube Channel.  Or, www.live-live-love-juiceplus.com 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)