Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many bedsharing families have dad sleep in another room?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't make a poll because I'm mobile. My DH sleeps in the guest room. He has to wake up between 4 and 5 most days and is a horrible sleeper. It takes him 20-30 minutes I fall back asleep after the slightest noise, and DS (15 mos) still grunts and moans a little when he nurses in the night. It works for our family and mommy and daddy have plenty of intimacy outside of the bedroom. Anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

nope the boyfriend and i will not be doing that. we enjoy sleeping in the same bed. and he's a heavy sleeper so the new baby shouldnt be a problem.

jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Same here, OP. I know it isn't normal to others but DD and I just can't sleep with DH. He's loud, he moves around a lot, he wakes up really early... DD and I are light sleepers and he'll keep us up all night and wake us up too early. He prefers sleeping in his own room too so that I don't wake him up to stop snoring and he doesn't have to be super quiet in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Yeah that's what I said before I married mine and had a baby too. Lol. DH and I always went to bed at the same time and I couldn't sleep without him. Babies change things.
I'm not saying it will for you, just that it did for us.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

nope the boyfriend and i will not be doing that. we enjoy sleeping in the same bed. and he's a heavy sleeper so the new baby shouldnt be a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM
My SO sleeps in the bed even if I'm mad as hell at him and tell him to get out! Lol!!

But he is really good when a little baby is in our bed. He wakes uP every time baby wakes to eat:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM

My hubby falls asleep on the couch, not because I told him to sleep there, but most times he sleeps on the couch instead of in bed.  BUT our son spends the first few hours in his crib and sometimes hubby can put him back in the crib later in the night too if hes totally asleep.

Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM

my boyfriends a pretty hard sleeper. and my daughter slept through the night from birth (and we have a family history of our newborns doing that!!) so i dont think it'll be too much of an issue. besides we dont have another place for him to sleep lol.

Quoting jnttd:

Yeah that's what I said before I married mine and had a baby too. Lol. DH and I always went to bed at the same time and I couldn't sleep without him. Babies change things.
I'm not saying it will for you, just that it did for us.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

mommyjenn84
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM
We won't, dh will sleep in our bed when hes home. He works graves though so those two.nights are the only nights we have. It,worked well when ds was little and dh worked days then. Then again, baby doesn't sleep in our bed ALL night... Just most of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

DH and I start out in our bed and when the baby wakes up a few hours later I go in his room and lay with him (he's 11 months and sleeps on a full size mattress on the floor).  We've tried cosleeping with everyone but it's not comfortable with us all in there. 

Naegore
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Lol. Us too. Nothing removes dh from his bed. Ds is 5 and still sleeps most nights with us, though he usually starts his nights in his own bed. It never disturbed dh. He has never wanted to sleep away from us.

Quoting cpflum08:

My SO sleeps in the bed even if I'm mad as hell at him and tell him to get out! Lol!!

But he is really good when a little baby is in our bed. He wakes uP every time baby wakes to eat:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDFanatik
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Not I.  I DO have the bed to myself (and the baby) most nights bc hubby works night shifts, but on weekends hubby will sleep with us if he gets the chance.  He loves snuggling up with our bitty.  I always follow the rule of never putting baby in the bed near my husband if hubster is already asleep bc he doesn't instinctively respond the same way.  So on those nights Bitty in still in the bed, but nowhere near my husband. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)