Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

afterpains?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

So my midwives told me my afterpains would be wore with a second child. Boy was I not ready for how much worse! I gave birth about a week ago and they are horrible, I can't stand at times! They told me I can have 4ibprofin every 6 hours and that does nothing! If this only gets worse with every pregnancy then how do women have more than 2 kids!!!

I read that because second time moms have less muscle tone, it hurts more. SO could this be preventable? Doing a 10000000000000000000000 kegels and squats??

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cpflum08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Oh my I know the pain you are feeling right now:( I can remember crying like a baby every time I knew it was time to nurse. I'm now prego with #3 :0 super scared!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM

With my third my midwife gave me Mother's Choice Herbal Supplements Contract Ease. I have no clue where you can get it. But for me it really helped. I would take it every 4 hours the first few days and then started to take it before I would breast feed.

I don't think it is preventable. Just part of having more children and some women it hurts more then others.

Nihhusa
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Oh I forgot about that! I'm preggo with my third.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javamama619
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I am pregnant with #4 and when I had #3 I sat with a heating pad, and tons of Motrin it hurt like nobody's business
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

The thought of after pains scares me more than laboring again! If some women feel it less that makes me hopeful it can be prevented a little bit?? Or is it just a pain tolerance thing? I mean I homebirthed my children drug free but these pains still make me cry!

lifeforchrist
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Quoting Javamama619:

I am pregnant with #4 and when I had #3 I sat with a heating pad, and tons of Motrin it hurt like nobody's business

nooooo! :( I'm doomed. I want a third but I don't think I'd survive. I got over the after labor 'I CAN NEVER DO THIS AGAIN' since my newborn is so sweet but these pains ruin everything!

Nihhusa
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I'm gonna research it some more I only found one place that had it for 49.95

Quoting Raeann11:

With my third my midwife gave me Mother's Choice Herbal Supplements Contract Ease. I have no clue where you can get it. But for me it really helped. I would take it every 4 hours the first few days and then started to take it before I would breast feed.

I don't think it is preventable. Just part of having more children and some women it hurts more then others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javamama619
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I just keep reminding myself that they don't last that long

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting Javamama619:

nooooo! :( I'm doomed. I want a third but I don't think I'd survive. I got over the after labor 'I CAN NEVER DO THIS AGAIN' since my newborn is so sweet but these pains ruin everything!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Quoting Javamama619:

I just keep reminding myself that they don't last that long

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting Javamama619:

how long did yours last? im at the week mark praying they will end soon!

melindabelcher
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I just had my 3rd 6 weeks ago. The after pains are so much worse with subsequent pregnancy. I hated nursing! Its worse then labor for me cause it feels like its never going to end :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN