Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

a sucessful homebirth :) -story

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

So after weeks of stress and thinking my baby was having 'restricted growth' my midwives finally realizedmy dates were off! By about 2 weeks. Sadly to have a homebirth I needed to fall into the slot for my original due date and not go two weeks over! Yeah the pressure was on! My due date was April 17th and I watched it come and go, and had a million phone calls 'wheres the baby'

A week went by and I was desperate, my '42 week visit' was coming up and a stress test was going to be needed. 'nooooooooooooooooooo' I already had TWO ultrasounds and I was beyond done with interventions. Then I woke up on the 26th to some pain? SO I waited and sure enough it was labor! Hurray!

I labored most of the day with contractions being 8-4 minutes apart. I had my 'zone' my spot on the bed where I sat and could handle the pain. And I was bearing it. I was prepared for a long haul since my first labor was 30 hours and they said cut that in half, so 15....seemed daunting. Anyways by 2pm my contractions started getting further apart!!! noooooooooooo. like up to ten minutes apart, then 18 and even 20. Oddly though the further they got the more intense they got. I called my midwife and she told me it could be a false start! But to call her if they picked up again. It was sad. SO i spent the day resting and waiting. At about 6pm my daughter came home and i nursed her and boom my contractions came back but then died off again :(

by this point i was tired and discouraged  wanted it to honestly end. I could wait another day for a baby. I got into bed and around 730 i got the most unbearable contraction. I totally freaked out and told my husband to get my midwives here NOW. He was skeptical since my contractions were 10 minutes apart! They arrived around 810ish and checked me and I was 8cms! By this time contractions were close and H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

i finally gave in and said i thought i might need to push. but i really didnt want to. so i laid down and gave a feeble push during the contraction, but stopped because i was scared. next contraction i pushed a little and suddenly got a huge urge and really pushed, and my midwife goes 'head head!!' and the other two come running, and sunddenly the head was birthed in one push! My midwife told me to slow down, but honestly i couldnt. So another 2 minutes and next contraction i birthed the rest of her!! TWO PUSHES! Her waterbag exploded everywhere. It was really intense and shocking, and it took me 5 minutes to recover and realize there was a baby! I was certain i'd need 10000000000000000000000000000000 stitches, and i even cried. But they checked me out and i didnt need a single one! yay!!

We named her Sibylla Rose and she was 6lb 11oz! 19" a tiny thing. They did a gestation age test and she scored 38! so while she could have cooked longer, she came at the right time to have a sucessful homebirth :)

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Congrats!!! Glad you got the homebirth you wanted

haleykj
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Wow I really enjoyed reading your story! Great job! Congrats on your little girl. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Congrats thats awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

What a great story! AWESOME and congrats!

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Great job mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
comgrats! How sweet :) any pictures?
cpflum08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Thats great! Congrats:)

One-n-Counting
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Congrats! :-)

Naegore
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Awesome!! Congratulations!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

this is such an aamazing story!!! so great to hear this!!! pictures!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)