Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i just want him to sleep *update pg 3

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 26 Replies
He will be one this month and most times I have to nurse and rock him to sleep. Last night I tried a no cry sleep training method and we were at it for two hours before he fell asleep in his crib. I'm going to keep doing it until he can fall asleep on his own. But I want him to be able to do the same during maps. And Idk what to do. He still hasn't taken his morning nap yet. With my first I could put her down and she would be fine. This bugger is totally different. My nipples hurt so bad that honestly I can't wait until he's done nursing. Ugh please give me peace if mind and sanity. No bashing please, I just need advice and to know I'm not alone in all of this madness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

She sounds like all three of mine. My suggestion is to keep nursing to sleep and not try and sleep train until she's atleast a year old. It was hard at times to be needed 24/7 but I learned to appreciate those moments, and appreciated being needed. EVery child is dfferent, and I believe its important to meet those needs, even if its feel like there is no break, but I promise you will reap the benefits of doing so! Anyways, thats just my suggestion.(btw do yu have a sling or some type of carrier, that would be a life saver esepcially when you have other kids!)

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Thanks! I do have one and use it almost every time we leave the house. But he won't sleep in it at all. He is such a needy baby. I mean, will that end? Ever? I love feeling needed, but Daggum I need a break every now and again, know what I mean?

Quoting Precious333:

She sounds like all three of mine. My suggestion is to keep nursing to sleep and not try and sleep train until she's atleast a year old. It was hard at times to be needed 24/7 but I learned to appreciate those moments, and appreciated being needed. EVery child is dfferent, and I believe its important to meet those needs, even if its feel like there is no break, but I promise you will reap the benefits of doing so! Anyways, thats just my suggestion.(btw do yu have a sling or some type of carrier, that would be a life saver esepcially when you have other kids!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM

my grandmothers first or second son (not my father) nursed every 30 minutes for a REALLY long time!! she wore most of her children. 

i have no advice. but dont give it! sleep training this early is hard. i didnt give a try until 5 months and even then ...i feel that now i wish i hadnt done it so early. your LO feels like he needs you...i would just go with it :)

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

no advice - just that mine's the same way. Never slept in a crip or pack and play. Only on the boob or the swing, though she won't sleep in the swing anymore. So she's on me for naps and we cosleep for bed. 

I just keep telling myself it won't last forever.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

her guy is almost 1 YEAR, this is not all that early to work on this

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

my grandmothers first or second son (not my father) nursed every 30 minutes for a REALLY long time!! she wore most of her children. 

i have no advice. but dont give it! sleep training this early is hard. i didnt give a try until 5 months and even then ...i feel that now i wish i hadnt done it so early. your LO feels like he needs you...i would just go with it :)

Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM

sorry that was a misread :) i read one month lol. 

i would def give sleep training a try in that case. it would probably help you both.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Happy first b-day soon baby!  My baby will be one in June and is the same way.  gl

Yuriko_chan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Thanks ladies:) I still can't believe how old he is already. For nap today I had to lay with him and nurse. I guess I can't complain because I got a nap in too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Ops baby is a month old.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

i would def give sleep training a try in that case. it would probably help you both.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

i'm so very confused i'm so sorry!!  one MONTH or one YEAR =/

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Ops baby is a month old.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)