Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i just want him to sleep *update pg 3

Posted by   + Show Post
He will be one this month and most times I have to nurse and rock him to sleep. Last night I tried a no cry sleep training method and we were at it for two hours before he fell asleep in his crib. I'm going to keep doing it until he can fall asleep on his own. But I want him to be able to do the same during maps. And Idk what to do. He still hasn't taken his morning nap yet. With my first I could put her down and she would be fine. This bugger is totally different. My nipples hurt so bad that honestly I can't wait until he's done nursing. Ugh please give me peace if mind and sanity. No bashing please, I just need advice and to know I'm not alone in all of this madness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsSamMerlotte
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM
LOL! Dont be sorry. I had to go back and double check lol. She said one month haha

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

i'm so very confused i'm so sorry!!  one MONTH or one YEAR =/

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Ops baby is a month old.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

sorry that was a misread :) i read one month lol. 

i would def give sleep training a try in that case. it would probably help you both.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

her guy is almost 1 YEAR, this is not all that early to work on this

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

my grandmothers first or second son (not my father) nursed every 30 minutes for a REALLY long time!! she wore most of her children. 

i have no advice. but dont give it! sleep training this early is hard. i didnt give a try until 5 months and even then ...i feel that now i wish i hadnt done it so early. your LO feels like he needs you...i would just go with it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
No wait, it says he will be one this month lol! Oops, my bad haha

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

LOL! Dont be sorry. I had to go back and double check lol. She said one month haha

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Ops baby is a month old.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

i would def give sleep training a try in that case. it would probably help you both.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

my grandmothers first or second son (not my father) nursed every 30 minutes for a REALLY long time!! she wore most of her children. 

i have no advice. but dont give it! sleep training this early is hard. i didnt give a try until 5 months and even then ...i feel that now i wish i hadnt done it so early. your LO feels like he needs you...i would just go with it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM
He will be one year this month.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Ops baby is a month old.

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM
You all crack me up lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

sorry!!! lol this pregnancy is just tearing my poor brain up. i'm so tired!!! i would give sleep training a try!! 

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Doesn't no-cry sleep solution recommend starting the "solution" with naps instead of bedtime? Hang in there, it might take a few days or weeks for him to get on a schedule.

Do you know why your nipples are sore? pregnancy, ovulation, period, latch issue, etc.?

Yuriko_chan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM
It's a okay! I'm not pregnant and my brain is crazy too! At least you have a good excuse!

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

sorry!!! lol this pregnancy is just tearing my poor brain up. i'm so tired!!! i would give sleep training a try!! 

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I have no idea. I just remember the gist of it from reading it a few months ago.

I'm on my period now, but they often ever since about a month ago. It's like he has the suction of death.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Doesn't no-cry sleep solution recommend starting the "solution" with naps instead of bedtime? Hang in there, it might take a few days or weeks for him to get on a schedule.

Do you know why your nipples are sore? pregnancy, ovulation, period, latch issue, etc.?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
I promise that if you are available to meet these needs for a high needs baby that your child will be very secure and indepedant later. My first child was so highneeds I literally had to sleep with him in my arms t night and during naps. I kind of learned frm him that babies need that but out of the three of them I can see that he was by far the highest needs baby. I could not drive anywhere because he would scream in the car. I could not even let anyone hold him without him screaming bloody murder....infact my mil was very bitter toward me for it. anyways, my high needs baby I did not force him to be left I decided to allow him to sort of lead the way. anyways...hes 5 1/2 now and so independant that I cant believe it. we have a strng bond and hes so secure in himself.

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Thanks! I do have one and use it almost every time we leave the house. But he won't sleep in it at all. He is such a needy baby. I mean, will that end? Ever? I love feeling needed, but Daggum I need a break every now and again, know what I mean?

Quoting Precious333:

She sounds like all three of mine. My suggestion is to keep nursing to sleep and not try and sleep train until she's atleast a year old. It was hard at times to be needed 24/7 but I learned to appreciate those moments, and appreciated being needed. EVery child is dfferent, and I believe its important to meet those needs, even if its feel like there is no break, but I promise you will reap the benefits of doing so! Anyways, thats just my suggestion.(btw do yu have a sling or some type of carrier, that would be a life saver esepcially when you have other kids!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

This is awesome to hear. DD is a high needs baby, but a lot of people think she is an easy baby because the only problem they can clearly see is that she isn't a good sleeper, and they don't ever see her cyr. They don't realize that I held her 24/7 for the first year. They don't realize that I was cosleeping so I could get 15 min catnaps at night between the times she was nursing. They can't see that I nursed her everytime she asked, which didn't mean every 2-3 hrs... more like every hour. DD is almost 2 and finally does ok in the car for 30 mins at a time. There was a point where we didn't go anywhere because neither dh wanted to hear her scream. DD hated MIL too and did not go to her until she was 14 months! ha ha. Just now she is starting to enjoy being around other people. She is starting to gain her independence and I"m so glad I haven' tpushed her. She is moving at her own pace, and she is actually a joy to be around because I respond to her needs.

Quoting Precious333:

I promise that if you are available to meet these needs for a high needs baby that your child will be very secure and indepedant later. My first child was so highneeds I literally had to sleep with him in my arms t night and during naps. I kind of learned frm him that babies need that but out of the three of them I can see that he was by far the highest needs baby. I could not drive anywhere because he would scream in the car. I could not even let anyone hold him without him screaming bloody murder....infact my mil was very bitter toward me for it. anyways, my high needs baby I did not force him to be left I decided to allow him to sort of lead the way. anyways...hes 5 1/2 now and so independant that I cant believe it. we have a strng bond and hes so secure in himself.

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

Thanks! I do have one and use it almost every time we leave the house. But he won't sleep in it at all. He is such a needy baby. I mean, will that end? Ever? I love feeling needed, but Daggum I need a break every now and again, know what I mean?

Quoting Precious333:

She sounds like all three of mine. My suggestion is to keep nursing to sleep and not try and sleep train until she's atleast a year old. It was hard at times to be needed 24/7 but I learned to appreciate those moments, and appreciated being needed. EVery child is dfferent, and I believe its important to meet those needs, even if its feel like there is no break, but I promise you will reap the benefits of doing so! Anyways, thats just my suggestion.(btw do yu have a sling or some type of carrier, that would be a life saver esepcially when you have other kids!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)