Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STOP TRYING TO SHOVE AN ULTRASOUND DOWN MY THROAT!

Posted by   + Show Post

So yes, I got my 20 week ultrasound, baby is fine and healthy.

problem is i got the ultrasound down by a private ultrasound tech because it was before i got medi-cal. 

so the hospital that i'm going to keeps trying to schedule ultrasounds for me, and i keep telling them no no no no, I showed them the results from my ultrasound but they keep scheduling me for them! instead of just listening to my wishes they keep telling me i have no reason to worry and that ultrasounds are safe and normal and they just arent listening to me! I don't know what to do, this is stressful. I want my home birth :( why why WHY won't medi-cal cover it?? ugh.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
nautired
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM
You know all of my kids have always hates the U/S and Doppler. I never really thought about it but they'd run and move away. It must bother them. And I agree I don't like when someone brushes off my feelings.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting nautired:

I hate that they think they know more because they've been school. I'm not saying dr don't know anything it's just annoying when they don't listen. We know our bodies. I wonder if I could find a private U/S tech to do my U/S.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting nautired:

So did you get the anatomy scan done by a private U/S tech? Or did you have like a 3d U/S?

the anatomy scan was done when i was 22 weeks at a private ultrasound tech, i told them again i did not want another ultrasound and they said ok and are listening now. i'm just sick of having to put up such a fight with them. I refused getting a pap smear while i'm pregnant because i think its completely unneccasary and they were trying to argue with me on that too, until they realized my age (20) and said  i didnt need one until i'm over 21 anyways. bleh.

you probably could find a private u/s tech, mine was one i got referred to by a midwife i ended up not able to get because she didnt take medi-cal. :-/ it was 100 dollars out of pocket for the u/s. I don't like how they try to talk you out of your decision by disregarding your concerns and just saying "oh no your worrying about nothing, its safe." uhmmm yeah I can FEEL the my son HATES ultrasounds and it obviously bothers him! when they use the doppler he runs away from it too! he hatessss that. and then I feel bad :( I've let them use the doppler more times than I like just because i get so tired of fighting about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz132
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

But without an U/S how will they be able to tell you your baby is "too big/ has too little fluid/ is too squirmy"or whatever bs they want to feed to get you to schedule an induction/c-section? Come on get with the program!

MomOfFish
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

http://southcoastmidwifery.com/midwifery-care/pregnancy-care/  I believe they take medi-cal. It would be worth a call. I'll see what else I can find as well.

MomOfFish
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM

http://beachcitiesmidwifery.com/   Also they except medi-cal. I'm not sure if it covers the whole birth so again I would call. Also I went through them with my two kids. I never met with the ones still there as my midwife moved away. Also at that point they were through a hospital. Now you can do home birth or birthing center.

elisybeth
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Just curious. Does your provider then have the right to say they won't treat you if you don't do a certain test? When I was pregnant I was seeing a midwife practice associated with a hospital and I tried to decline the diabetes test. The midwife basically looked at me and said "well then we won't treat you". I ended up having a homebirth anyways but I was just wondering if this was allowed.

Quoting toopicky429:

Refer them to The Patient Bill of Rights. You have the right to refuse any treatment. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Yes. Hospitals are the only healthcare facility in the US that cannot refuse treatment. Private practice doctors and midwives have the right to refuse care.
Quoting elisybeth:

Just curious. Does your provider then have the right to say they won't treat you if you don't do a certain test? When I was pregnant I was seeing a midwife practice associated with a hospital and I tried to decline the diabetes test. The midwife basically looked at me and said "well then we won't treat you". I ended up having a homebirth anyways but I was just wondering if this was allowed.

Quoting toopicky429:

Refer them to The Patient Bill of Rights. You have the right to refuse any treatment. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Quoting MomOfFish:

http://southcoastmidwifery.com/midwifery-care/pregnancy-care/  I believe they take medi-cal. It would be worth a call. I'll see what else I can find as well.

yeah they don't take medi-cal I have already talked with them.

LucyHourglass
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Quoting MomOfFish:

http://beachcitiesmidwifery.com/   Also they except medi-cal. I'm not sure if it covers the whole birth so again I would call. Also I went through them with my two kids. I never met with the ones still there as my midwife moved away. Also at that point they were through a hospital. Now you can do home birth or birthing center.

I went to them for a free consultation, they are 5500 and medi-cal only covers like 1000 of that or something, i wouldnt be able to afford that. I didn't really like them there either, they didnt really seem very friendly to me when i went there, and then when it came time to talk about money they got way too excited. they didn't even ask how i was feeling or anything. they kept asking me over and over how i confirmed my pregnancy and if i knew i really was pregnant, my baby bump was apparent! they treated me almost like i was lying about being pregnant, i dont know, it was weird. 

MomOfFish
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM
sounds like they changed a lot since I went there back in '08. How sad. I'll see what else I can find.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting MomOfFish:

I went to them for a free consultation, they are 5500 and medi-cal only covers like 1000 of that or something, i wouldnt be able to afford that. I didn't really like them there either, they didnt really seem very friendly to me when i went there, and then when it came time to talk about money they got way too excited. they didn't even ask how i was feeling or anything. they kept asking me over and over how i confirmed my pregnancy and if i knew i really was pregnant, my baby bump was apparent! they treated me almost like i was lying about being pregnant, i dont know, it was weird. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I'm sorry!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)