Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

New to Cloth Diapering

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

I want to use cloth diapers but not sure where to begin...where to buy? any help/info would be great!

thanks

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outstandingLove
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I don't have answers for you but i'm gonna follow because i'd like to know also.

Sunshine_246
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a little overwhelming at first huh?  I was so scared to start.  Really a lot depends on what you want to and can afford to do.  There are great packages that allow you to try a bunch of different kinds and send back what you don't want so at that point you can buy what you will like.  Or you can start basic with prefolds and covers, actually a lot easier than it sounds.  There are great cloth diaper groups on here that I love, and cottonbabies.com has tons of diapers and free shipping.

Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

i'm getting my econobum prefolds from amazon.com. hyenacart.com has a lot of businesses for cloth dipes

cuties with cloth booties has a lot of information on whats going on and the best places to buy. :)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

welcome

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

check out cuties with cloth booties group. you can buy a lot of stuff used if you wanna try stuff out or start cheap. i like the starter kit offered by jack be natural. its gives you a couple different things to try out and you can kinda go from there. its easy once you get started but the starting can be hard. 

fahmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM
I like the one size pocket diapers. I am venturing into fitteds and whool covers here soon. When I can talk DH into more. He thinks I already have enough. Anyway, I suggest trying bumgenius. My all time favorite is rumparooz. There are lots of WAHM (Cuties with cloth booties) that make their own cloth diapers too. Your options are numerous. Maybe try looking at youtube.com and see if you can find tutorials with different types of cloth diapering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WackadooMom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I personally like pocket diapers but as everything else its all about preference. I would recommend buying one of a variety of diapers before buying a bunch. I bought 20 Babycity diapers from dhgate.com and it only cost $70. That lasts me about 2.5 days. I do wish I had bought diapers with a hip snap though because there is a mild wing droop problem. Other than that I love the diapers. I was pretty late to the party when it came to cloth diapering and didn't start until my son was 14 months but I could not be happier that I made the switch. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:45 PM
My favorites are AI2's. They are the easiest to learn how to use and no stuffing required as in pockets. I personally prefer WAHM diapers. They tend to be more costly but work better than commercial ones. My favorite WAHM is mac-a-doodle. You can buy from her website at www.mac-a-doodles.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandi55
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Quoting WackadooMom:

I personally like pocket diapers but as everything else its all about preference. I would recommend buying one of a variety of diapers before buying a bunch. I bought 20 Babycity diapers from dhgate.com and it only cost $70. That lasts me about 2.5 days. I do wish I had bought diapers with a hip snap though because there is a mild wing droop problem. Other than that I love the diapers. I was pretty late to the party when it came to cloth diapering and didn't start until my son was 14 months but I could not be happier that I made the switch. Good luck :)

my daughter is 19 months so im late to the party too lol but im hoping this may help with potty training and ive been looking at neutral ones so ill be able to use them with the next

Raeann11
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

The best advise I got and will give. Read up on all the different kinds. Then get a couple in each ones you think you may like and test them out. Then get more in what you like.

Cuties with Cloth Booties had a great post on all this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN