Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Wheres my car seat/erf experts

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 39 Replies
What happens when baby gets taller then the seat rf requirements( 40")
But havent hit the legal weight requirement (22lbs) to turn around
Were currently 22months 19lbs and 32in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaches_04
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
It seems are height is going up a lot faster then our weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

what carseat do you have?

i have the myride. rearfaces to 40 lbs and the height limit is like...50 inches? rearfacing the top of the head cant be within an inch ( is that right? i think it is for most carseats) of the hard shell. the myride is going to get us pretty far. its bulky though.

Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

i guess i should also ask are you trying to rearface as long as possible or do you want to turn FF as soon as you can? (no bashing. just helpful information. as much as i dont like to see a FF child before a certain age i wont judge :))

peaches_04
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Thanks ill look into that one:)
Ours is a cheap one...costco I think

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

i have the myride. rearfaces to 40 lbs and the height limit is like...50 inches? rearfacing the top of the head cant be within an inch ( is that right? i think it is for most carseats) of the hard shell. the myride is going to get us pretty far. its bulky though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

yea costco scenera didnt last long for us. myride should last you quite a bit and hopefully your LO will slow down a bit :P i love the myride. my daughter is REALLY comfortable in it. (she's 23 lbs and i think like 27 inches tall)

Quoting peaches_04:

Thanks ill look into that one:)
Ours is a cheap one...costco I think

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

EWW that reminds me I should see how tall my son is!

peaches_04
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM
As long as possible

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

i guess i should also ask are you trying to rearface as long as possible or do you want to turn FF as soon as you can? (no bashing. just helpful information. as much as i dont like to see a FF child before a certain age i wont judge :))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillj501
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Check out the Britax Marathon and Diono. Both are pricey but have pretty high height limits in general.
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

def check out the myride. its a really good seat (in my opinion) it lasts. dont know much about safety first (i'm using the complete air for an example) but for rearfacing the height limit is 40 inches. forward facing is 52 inches. both go 40 lbs rearfacing and 65 forward facing. its just the height thats the difference

Quoting peaches_04:

As long as possible

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

CafeMom Tickers

Hi, i'm Liz(20) and my beautiful daughters name is Myranda Marie! We have One on the way as well.

MrsAdorkable
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

How much shell is left above head

What is torso height?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)