Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens when baby gets taller then the seat rf requirements( 40")
But havent hit the legal weight requirement (22lbs) to turn around
Were currently 22months 19lbs and 32in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Liebevoll_mami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

just looked up britax 

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats

standing height is 49 inches or less. but some of the carseats go to 70 lbs forward facing. rearfacing stays the same.

Diono-- >

http://us.diono.com/en/car-seats

standing height is 57 inches. rearfacing to 45 lbs. foward facing to 80 lbs. booster to 120 (it also depends on which carseat you get.)

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Torso height no idea
She still has a good half a foot but if her weight patterns continue as they are which are almost exact to what mine were I didnt hit 25lbs til kindergarden
Id like her to atleast be 25lbs before I turn her around so ive got a few more years of rf to go

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

How much shell is left above head

What is torso height?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Anyone rear facing 2?
Any vehicle suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM
if shes a lightweight the true fit premier is the way to go! Very tall shell! it has a 35lb rf limit but my son didn't hit that until 4.2yr. Don't worry about the stated height the only company who doesn't follow the head height limit is safety 1st.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

It's all about torso height, not about overall height, that is just an average number.

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Diono seats need to be stayed far away from! Very shady company! What vehicle do you have how many kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillj501
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Quoting jillj501:

Check out the Britax Marathon and Diono. Both are pricey but have pretty high height limits in general.

I have both. I started with the britax(purchased for the height and erf) and had to switch to ff recently because I couldn't get him in rr without hitting his head on the door frame of the car. Seriously, it was a problem but I think it may have been just the car and car seat combo.
We just got the diono (narrow and fits 3 across) I don't think we would have had the head bumping problem with this seat. It is really streamlined! Now, I'm hugely pregnant and already struggle to get my boy into his car seat so I'm afraid to try rf again. Please no bashing. :-\ My son is 20 months old. We rarely drive anywhere but when we do I need to get him in as easily as possible!
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
We have a pontiac vibe it barely fits one rf in the middle we will have to get another vehicle to rf both
Ive got one and one on the way

Quoting melindabelcher:

Diono seats need to be stayed far away from! Very shady company! What vehicle do you have how many kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
They'll fit with both of them outboard. My mom has one and we had a britax rf on one side and the true fit premier on the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillj501
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Quoting melindabelcher:Diono seats need to be stayed far away from! Very shady company! What vehicle do you have how many kids

Oh no! Why? I can't find anything bad and it was highly recommended!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)