Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Momma cloth users

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm planning on switching to momma cloth once I'm back to regular cycles (I'm currently pregnant and my period stays away for a few months post partum).  Can anyone recommend brands?  I would rather spend a little more for one that works really well and lasts long than get a bargain.  How many would I need for 4 heavy flow days and 2-3 light flow days in a cycle?  I'll already be washing diapers every other day so it's not a problem to throw them in also.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM
I have Green Humbug ones and they seem awesome. I'm pregnant, too, so I haven't used them yet. Her prices are great, too. DevynHummer is the maker; she's quite active in CWCB. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine_246
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Bump. I want more info too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleykj
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I have some Charlie banana ones that seem awesome but I have only had the one period so far. I believe I payed like fifteen for three. and they have different absorbencies. I'm not sure if that helps by it's a bump anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I bought all mine of etsy. I have a few from several different shops but I really like pinklemonadeshop.

They are minky topped and so soft. I always used tampons and never liked pads. But cloth pads are so nice and soft. I have a pretty heavy period and use the regular pads that are 8-10 inches. I have about 20 pads. But I only have about 10 of the minky ones and they are what I reach for 1st. I also have a few cloth pantyliners for the end of the period when they are light. I have never had a leak as long as you change them. I think I started out with about 6-8 but you will have to wash them every couple of days. I have been using the same pads for almost 2 yrs now and have no issues with them.

Make sure you get the snap pads. My first pad purchase was velcro pads and they eat at your thighs.

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I've always used tampons too-disposables pads are always getting stuck to everything but your underwear and who wants to feel plastic against sensitive skin.  But now that I've had a bladder prolapse it's uncomfortable to use tampons and I'm getting more and more natural minded as the months go by :)  I'll check out that etsy shop thank you!

Quoting momof3_2011:

I bought all mine of etsy. I have a few from several different shops but I really like pinklemonadeshop.

They are minky topped and so soft. I always used tampons and never liked pads. But cloth pads are so nice and soft. I have a pretty heavy period and use the regular pads that are 8-10 inches. I have about 20 pads. But I only have about 10 of the minky ones and they are what I reach for 1st. I also have a few cloth pantyliners for the end of the period when they are light. I have never had a leak as long as you change them. I think I started out with about 6-8 but you will have to wash them every couple of days. I have been using the same pads for almost 2 yrs now and have no issues with them.

Make sure you get the snap pads. My first pad purchase was velcro pads and they eat at your thighs.

momof3_2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Quoting TrentsMom84:

I've always used tampons too-disposables pads are always getting stuck to everything but your underwear and who wants to feel plastic against sensitive skin.  But now that I've had a bladder prolapse it's uncomfortable to use tampons and I'm getting more and more natural minded as the months go by :)  I'll check out that etsy shop thank you!

Quoting momof3_2011:

I totally understand that. I cloth diapered my kids and was introduced to mama cloth. At first I was like no way thats gross. But I decided to give it a try. Fell in love with them. I keep a small wetbag hanging in the bathroom and throw them in. I used to wash them with the cloth diapers. Now no babies in cd's but I am still using my mama cloth. My DH is totally fine with it. It saves money. My mom was freaked out by it and won't switch over. My cousins wife cannot wear tampons and I explained about mama cloth. She now uses them. Good Luck!

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

There's a bunch on etsy. I bought mine from a shop called My Posh Pads and I like them.

I have had some communication difficulty with the seller though... half of my order was not put in the package and after multiple emails three months later I still have not received the rest of the order.

I have about 8 regular and ordered 3 heavy/overnight ones that I haven't received. The 8 regular are enough although it would be nice to have the heavier ones. I wash with diapers every other day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN