Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

hard to breath after giving birth?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
Gave birth tuesday ( ill post story/pic later) and am doing good, but when im standing/walking its hard to take a deep breath... idk how to explain it... its like my lungs are really heavy or something..
any advice, is this a normal feeling.. my mw is checking my iron lvls she said that could cause it, but its just weird. dont remember this with dd..
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Get a chest xray now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

i had that for a few days. i chalked to everything going back to normal. it was never serious enough to scare me and went away fast so i wasnt too concerned. idk what it is though.

MommaTasha1003
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
iron is ok, its gotten alot better, if not gone away :)
idk why but everything this times makes me worried! i passed a small clot the other day & called mw over it... ugh... cant wait till all is normal, just scared of something going wrong then no matter what it is ill get " if only u delivered in a hospital with a dr" b.s....
ameliasmama1
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I had that happen after the birth of my first daughter. I was panicking over it because I have heart problems. Then I realized that my milk came in around the same time. So I decided it was just from the extra weight on my chest making it hard to breathe and the heavy feeling. It went away after a few days. I don't know if it was really that or not...Glad you are feeling better :)

Nikkole95
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM
That happened to me after I had my twins. They said it was totally normal, just my lungs stretching back out. It makes sense, they must have been squished in there!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Usually it is from blood loss, you need to literally stay in bed for at least 3 days then try being up and about

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 14, 2012 at 8:02 AM

That's scary, I'm glad your feeling better!!

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

ladies you are forgetting that pure hormonal changes can also affect breathing. if its not to the point where you are feeling short of breath often i wouldnt worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN