Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Does anyone air/line dry diapers outside?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
  • 23 Replies

How does it work long-term?

by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

bump

moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I sun my diapers weather permiting..been doing that for 7mo. I think it keeps diapers nicer. The sun is wonderfull
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DMWmomma
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I do when I have time..
I know it helps with stains. The sun naturally bleaches. And I've also read that it helps with the absorbency of the diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Now that summer is approaching I can't wait to see how natural sunlight will affect my diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I want to but it is so stinking dusty here I would just have to wash everything again.

schultzal
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Here in Australia, it's rare for anyone to have a dryer. We don't have one, and I am SO glad.

I have washed my diapers (to prep them) several times, and line dry them each time. The sun is great for drying diapers as it sanitises, but you don't want to put coloured cotton in direct sunlight for too long, as it will cause them to fade. 

Line-drying diapers makes them last longer, as dryers are hard on clothes and diapers alike. Drying in the dryer is bad for PUL, elastic, and velcro, over time. 

danichaos
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I love it! Although my prefolds aren't as soft when I line dry. So I just toss them in the dryer afterwards with a few tennis balls for ten mi utes and it's all fluffy again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine_246
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I do here fairly often. The only thing I don't like is when it's really hot here in az they dry so fast they get really stiff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I do. I have to pay to use the dryers so I only do it if it rains all week. Imo it's a pita but it does keep me from needing to strip them often and saves us money. I live in socal tho so it's more feasible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

We aren't supposed to at my apt.'s, but I have this metal clothes rack that I keep in the kitchen... When it is nice out & the apt. manager isn't here, I drag it outside. Otherwise I just hang everything in the kitchen -with windows open, etc. 
It works wonderfully, but like a PP mentioned, it doesn't make for soft prefolds. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)