Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you give baby flouride supplements?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 44 Replies

I was just at the doc for my son's 9 month check up.  He has 2 bottom teeth and the doc prescribed flouride drops.  We have well water so we probably do not have flouride in the water, but I'd have to get it tested to be sure.  I've done research and have found both positive and negative info about it.  So I'm asking for your advice on whether you think giving daily flouride drops is a good idea?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fahmom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Nope, no flouride here. Neither supplements nor in DS's toothpaste. And we only give DS about 2-3 oz a day of bottled water in his sippy cup. As far as I am aware Dasani does not contain flouride. He has 8 teeth with 2 molars just starting to errupt.

Ingesting flouride will not benefit teeth. Teeth that will fall out eventually. I would be cleaning his little teeth regularly. With a wash cloth or toothbrush. We use weleda tooth gel. Love that stuff. Only all natural toothpaste that I have found that is not a nasty fruit flavor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Hell no! I avoid it! Synthetic fluoride is toxic. The gvt recently stated that it shouldn't be added to water anymore, according to an article I read on CNN a few months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I am switching to natural toothpastes that don't contain fluoride if I can find them

Quoting jellyphish:

Hell no! I avoid it! Synthetic fluoride is toxic. The gvt recently stated that it shouldn't be added to water anymore, according to an article I read on CNN a few months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

No way!  If I could afford it I would get a reverse osmosis filter to take it out of my water.  It's a neurotoxin.  I wish I had well water for this reason.

squish
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, not necessary

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
This 100%

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess227ny
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
No way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

No way--    my children don't have any in anything at all.
   So no, lol, I don't think it's good.

doulala
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM

You don't have to use any at all.      Toms or other natural brands will have an option, but many people just use baking soda if anything at all.

;-)

Quoting 2forKaty:

Same here. I am switching to natural toothpastes that don't contain fluoride if I can find them

Mrs.Salz
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we don't. It's poison.

A healthy diet with raw foods, grass fed meat, etc. is all that is needed based on my research.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)