Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

SO I drink alot of water now but it MUST have mio in it or I just cant do it...I cut out sodas last week and have maybe 6oz in the past 9 days..lost about 3lbs because of it too.  I am curious if Mio is actually BETTER for me than soda.  It has sucralose in it and a tiny bit of food coloring but really not much of anything else...

I normally drink 1-2 20oz sprites a day..now about 60 oz of water, some milk, and some V-8

by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (21-28):
mommyjenn84
by on May. 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM
It really does taste better.. And I love that it doesn't need much to add the flavor. They have two more flavors coming out!

Quoting peaches_04:

My coworker let me try some today

Waaay better then crystal light:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I don't use it because of the dyes. I use a brita water bottle. It has a filter right at the cap.

rfurlongg
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I recently went to a nutrition lecture and they recommend to minimize sweetners and completely avoid all food coloring, particularly red.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandita3
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I used to live in South America and was turned on to stevia. It's great and not chemically processed. Then flavor your water with any real food. I love it in my tea or maté... Although anything sweet with zero sugar will not ultimately satisfy your sweet craving. And you shouldn't have stevia while prego. It increases fluids I believe.

nicole2884
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

we use the powder , propel ,we like it better than mio 

JoyfulJ
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I love iced peach tea with honey or stevia to sweeten it. I'm looking into other fruit teas to ice, peppermint is a good iced tea. I won't drink anything with artificial sweetners, a) because I have ALWAYS hated the tast of artificial sweetners, b) the are SOOO bad for you, even the ones most people believe are good. They also give a false since of security and people way over do it causing other problems.

Though I drink just water often. I too am trying to get off soda's but when there is a machine at the top of the stairs just out side your apartment it can be very challenging!

jconney80
by Group Mod on May. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I've never tried it. I don't have a problem drinking water though. I used to though when I was younger. I have carried a gallon of water with me everywhere I go since my son was born over 2 years ago LOL. It guarantees I can't run out of water no matter where I am.

I only drink coffee and water. I have an 8 oz glass of 100% juice every morning. Soda is now a treat. I don't drink anything with coloring in it so I've avoided trying it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM
when I played volleyball I concoted a drink of water, real sugar, and lemon juice. I havsince learned to love straight water, but that would probably helpu. And it's something you could mix as you go w/out much prep work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN