Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Doppler fetal heart monitors?

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:51 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm looking online to buy one and there's so many! Any advice on a cheap but good one for us to have on hand for our next home birth?
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 3:54 AM

I know that a lot of women in another group I'm in have gotten the Sonoline B from here. They've all said it's the best price they've found.

LilynAustin
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I am not sure but I heard to spend the little extra and get the one with 3 mz instead of 1-2.  It's easier to get the heart beat through all the tissue and fluid.  That way you won't freak out when you can get a heart beat during labor.  Some times the baby can move during labor and make it hard to hear (a hospital grade doppler couldn't find my daughter and I almost had to have a c-section!!).

I would google, and do your own research on it.  Read the reviews and make a decision.  I have also heard that the better ones can also be rented for about $30 a month.  So, if you only need it for a few weeks for the delivery, that may be the way to go.  :)  Good luck!!

RochelleFS
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I'm not sure. Are you using a midwife? If so doesn't she have one or some other way to monitor baby during labor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

We got ours from Dynamic Doppler we paid $30 a month and then when baby was born owed $50 and it was ours to keep

VintageWife
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

We got ours from Dynamic Doppler we paid $30 a month and then when baby was born owed $50 and it was ours to keep

That sounds like a good deal.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

bump

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I dunno I decided not to get when bc it would only cause me more stress when I couldnt find the hb with the stupid thing:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

BUMP for more views/replies.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)