Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i need help!

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 3 Replies
I hands and wrists are killing me! Im 37w2d pregnant and have extremely bad carpal tunnel....not just discomfort and numbness....my hands lock up entirely and won't open up and its excruciating plus numbness and my wrists hurt when I even attempt to move them....and this is on top of sonera pretty bad edema...I don't know what to do.
Im drinking 80oz water per day plus eating watermelon, cucumbers, ice. Im getting electrolytes but have cut back on my salt intake (and sugar due to gallbladder disease). My bp has been good at all of my appointments but I've been spilling protein in my urine samples.

So something needs to happen soon! Im trying to avoid induction at all costs so what can I do to stay hydrated (because Im dehydration still after all the fluids Im pushing....I've cut out all other drinks btw) and to help with my carpal tunnel....I have zero function in my hands in the mornings and like I said..its excruciating (and I have a pretty darn high pain tolerance).

Thanks if you can help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melindabelcher
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Wear wrist splints at night. They sell them at walmart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chipper87
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I can't until payday (in 2 weeks) anything I can do until then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylismomma
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM

My mom has sore joints from exercising so much (she is a personal trainer) and swears by arnica. She just rubs it on her sore joints and muscles and it helps with pain. Epsom salt baths can help with swelling also. I hope you can find some relief soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN