Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

hey stupid!!!

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

yes this is a call out post! 

blood sugar you are STUPID!!!  you are REALLY DUMB!!!  in fact you are such an IDIOT you dont even know how to work right!!!  you are LAZY!!!  you are just a BIG, STUPID, LAZY, DUMB, IDIOTIC CRAPTASTIC PIECE OF CRAP!!!

seriously i hate you blood sugar and if it were possible to slap some sense into you i would in a heartbeat....vent over!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM

sorry everyone for the namecalling.....just frustrated this morning :(

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 22, 2012 at 9:33 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM

i am just a big old pile of sunshine this morning arent i?!  sorry for making you frown...i just dont want to go on diabetes medication.  even with cutting out amost all of the carbs from my diet i am still running high.  i was always able to control my boderline type two with diet and i took this stupid medication to help me create more breastmilk and instead it increased my insulin resistance.  i stopped taking it but my sugar levels are still not in a good place and it makes me sad :(

Quoting melindabelcher:

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
If I remember correctly you were taking the meds and gained over 15lbs cut out carbs and your blood sugars were still elevated? And now your supplementing with donor milk?
I feel bad for you! So many moms dont try to bf or give up right away and here you are pushing through and meeting so many road blocks. Your trying your best and thats all that matters. Keep your head up mama.

Quoting tansyflower:

i am just a big old pile of sunshine this morning arent i?!  sorry for making you frown...i just dont want to go on diabetes medication.  even with cutting out amost all of the carbs from my diet i am still running high.  i was always able to control my boderline type two with diet and i took this stupid medication to help me create more breastmilk and instead it increased my insulin resistance.  i stopped taking it but my sugar levels are still not in a good place and it makes me sad :(

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM

lol you have a good memory!  in a way i feel like this is what i get for screwing around with medication...i should know better than to stray from natural forms of treatments.  i just really wanted to be able to breastfeed this time around.....i am down to only nursing a few times a day (my son has flow preference and wont latch most of the time) but luckily i did get over 2,000 oz of milk in less than a week so at least he is getting the good stuff!  i am just hoping that if i keep losing weight (i am already down 5 pounds) i will be able to get my sugar levels back on track and that the medication i took wont have permanent side effects.

Quoting melindabelcher:

If I remember correctly you were taking the meds and gained over 15lbs cut out carbs and your blood sugars were still elevated? And now your supplementing with donor milk?
I feel bad for you! So many moms dont try to bf or give up right away and here you are pushing through and meeting so many road blocks. Your trying your best and thats all that matters. Keep your head up mama.

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting melindabelcher:

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I hope it gets better. I only remember cause I felt so bad. And I have a big oversupply that I've ben trying to get under control without pumping. I want to avoid pumping like the plague!
I asked if you had enough donor milk cause I was going to offer to start pumping for you. But you have great donors already.
I dont like the idea of just donating to ppl When I don't know their story, because what they determine as a need isn't always what I view as a need (ie supplementing for weight when theres no weight problem, children over 1 etc) pumping is alot of work lol.

Quoting tansyflower:

lol you have a good memory!  in a way i feel like this is what i get for screwing around with medication...i should know better than to stray from natural forms of treatments.  i just really wanted to be able to breastfeed this time around.....i am down to only nursing a few times a day (my son has flow preference and wont latch most of the time) but luckily i did get over 2,000 oz of milk in less than a week so at least he is getting the good stuff!  i am just hoping that if i keep losing weight (i am already down 5 pounds) i will be able to get my sugar levels back on track and that the medication i took wont have permanent side effects.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:30 PM

heck yeah pumping is a lot of work!  i usually only take one time donations because i just hate asking people to pump just for me...i know it takes a ton of time and i dont want people to feel obligauted you know?  most of my mom's who donate found out their kid has a dairy allergy and they cant use their stored milk, or they are out of room in their freezer or something like that so in a way i am helping them out too because they dont have to throw it away.  i know one mom who was pumping and dumping 50 oz of milk a day because she ran out of room to freeze it!  almost gave me a heart attack when i heard that number...that stuff is like liquid gold imo!!!

Quoting melindabelcher:

I hope it gets better. I only remember cause I felt so bad. And I have a big oversupply that I've ben trying to get under control without pumping. I want to avoid pumping like the plague!
I asked if you had enough donor milk cause I was going to offer to start pumping for you. But you have great donors already.
I dont like the idea of just donating to ppl When I don't know their story, because what they determine as a need isn't always what I view as a need (ie supplementing for weight when theres no weight problem, children over 1 etc) pumping is alot of work lol.

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting melindabelcher:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried a SNS so that feeds can be at the breast but getting extra? this would actually lower how much he needs to take donor milk wise and mean higher supply for you.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on May. 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.

tansyflower
by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM

i had him on the sns for 3 weeks and he wasnt gaining...he wasnt even close to his birth weight and he wasnt pooping enough.  plus to be perfectly honest using that thing was just exhausting.  not only would he not keep it in his mouth but it was affecting his latch.  so if he wasnt spitting the tube (and my nipple) out of his mouth just because he didnt like it once i did get him on and would try to adjust his lips (his upper lip would tuck in a weird way) half the time he would get pissed and unlatch because he didnt want me screwing with him.  idk tabi it was such a pain in the butt (especialy at night) that i switched to a bottle. i know it sounds horrible but the bottle really is so much easier....idk maybe that makes me a bad mom for taking the easy way out.

i tried a tommee tippee but the flow was too fast and he would puke it all back up even with frequent burpings, so i went and found an old breastflow i had and he seemed to have less choking/spit up from that.  the bad news with the bottle feeding is he developed a flow preference in like, a day....also when i stopped taking the meds my supply went way down so that might have been part of it.  the good news was once i started bottle feeding him donor milk instead of using the sns he started gaining weight normally and has been pooping 2-3 times a day instead of every 2 days. he also was a much more relaxed baby and didnt cry all day long becuase i wasnt feeding him quite enough.  i only feed him two ounces at a crack and always try to breastfeed first but the only time he really vigorously nurses is in the morning when my breasts are the most "full."

right now i am pumping every 3 hours (even at night) so that when he does nurse there is still something there...but i can tell that most of the time he is nursing more for comfort than anything else.  he usually nurses for about 5 minutes then falls asleep.  i guess i had to make a decision on whether or not i wanted to fight all day every day to "make more" or if i wanted to take what i could get and at least appreciate the small nursing sessions we have together.  it is a lot less stressful for both of us this way and while it still makes me sad that i cant ebf all i can do is try to relax and just let what happens happen.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Have you tried a SNS so that feeds can be at the breast but getting extra? this would actually lower how much he needs to take donor milk wise and mean higher supply for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)