Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Co-sleeping/nursing to sleep help needed badly!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 17 Replies
Dd is 14 months old. We have co-slept since day 1 and she has always needed me to nurse her to sleep sitting up. Once she is asleep, I have to adjust her into the side lying position until she lets go a second time. I cannot just lay her down and walk away. It is a process that takes nearly an hour every naptime and at bedtime. I need her to allow me to just lay her down at naptimes. She will have a crib for naps and eventually nights after Thursday when we move. I can't just lay down with her in a crib and roll away lol. So I need help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sqrocket
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I would suggest not worrying about getting her into a crib unless she is ready or unless it is an absolute necessity. That said, a friend of mine suggested using a pacifier to soothe my son at night when he wants something in his mouth. I haven't tried it, but she swears by it, so I thought I'd pass it on. You could nurse sitting up and then give her the pacifier as you are laying her down.

JMmama
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I would start by side carring the crib to your bed. THen, you can lay down with her in the crib and roll away. :-)

lovelimadness
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM
It is becoming a necessity. She has proven time and time again that she won't get off the bed by herself even though she knows how too but I want to have my bed back. I'm desperate for space. I wake up in horrible pain everyday due to back problems and I need to be able to move around at night. Staying in one position all night hurts. 14 months of pain is enough for me.

Quoting sqrocket:

I would suggest not worrying about getting her into a crib unless she is ready or unless it is an absolute necessity. That said, a friend of mine suggested using a pacifier to soothe my son at night when he wants something in his mouth. I haven't tried it, but she swears by it, so I thought I'd pass it on. You could nurse sitting up and then give her the pacifier as you are laying her down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelimadness
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Hmm, this might be a possibility. It ould give me my space back!

Quoting JMmama:

I would start by side carring the crib to your bed. THen, you can lay down with her in the crib and roll away. :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sqrocket
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Oh gosh, wow! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you get some good advice!

Quoting lovelimadness:

It is becoming a necessity. She has proven time and time again that she won't get off the bed by herself even though she knows how too but I want to have my bed back. I'm desperate for space. I wake up in horrible pain everyday due to back problems and I need to be able to move around at night. Staying in one position all night hurts. 14 months of pain is enough for me.

Quoting sqrocket:

lovelimadness
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Could*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I'm in the same situation as far as back issues go - the way we cosleep I'm able to sleep on my back, but it still kills me. If she's not on her own by the time I'm pregnant (which seems unlikely) we'll be sidecarring the crib.

Quoting lovelimadness:

Quoting sqrocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
h_minkus
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I really don't have any advice, but I do have sympathy! That is such a difficult age to make changes like this. I hope you find something that works for you and you can get some relief!

lovelimadness
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Ty, I hope so too. About the paci idea, I've tried it, she wakes immediately. She despises them lol. I honestly think she's scared of them. The two times I tried it, she refused to go back to sleep for her naps.

Quoting sqrocket:

Oh gosh, wow! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you get some good advice!

Quoting lovelimadness:

Quoting sqrocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelimadness
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I wish I could just turn someway but she's a cuddler. I can't even sleep on my back because it causes the lower part of my body to go completely numb.

Quoting sreichelt26:

I'm in the same situation as far as back issues go - the way we cosleep I'm able to sleep on my back, but it still kills me. If she's not on her own by the time I'm pregnant (which seems unlikely) we'll be sidecarring the crib.

Quoting lovelimadness:

Quoting sqrocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)