Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Must have EOs

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM
  • 37 Replies

What EOs are a must to have on hand?  What do you use them for?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Naegore
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM
What are EO's?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Essential oils.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Tea tree and lavender are the safest, most versatile oils there are. I think every home should have them. These are the ONLY oils safe to use neat.

After that I STRONGLY suggest that if there are any other oils you want to use, you get a GOOD book that discusses warnings and contraindications.

Tto is fantastic for first aid. It's anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal. You use it to clean any wounds, especially open wounds. You can diffuse it into the air to clean out nasty illnesses in the house. It also makes a great all purpose cleaner. It's great for ANY infection including the yeasties, cold sores, athletes foot, staph, and so much more.
Since tto is a part of nature, it works with nature. Unlike antibiotic meds which bulldoze all bacteria including gut flora, tto is intelligent enough to only kill pathogens.

Lavender is great for skin healing- such as for burns and closed wounds. It will prevent scarring, and with diligence, even reduce old scars.
Many people think of lav as a calming oil, when in fact it is a balancing oil, it just happens to be true that most people are stressed or otherwise frazzled and need calming. But it will also help to balance a down mood or low energy.
It's also good for many headaches, makes a decent insect repellent, and just plain smells awesome.
Another factoid that I love about lav, is that since it is an insect repellant, no pesticides are needed in production. This means that, whether certified or not, lavender oil is organic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Jeezy creezy, I sound like a text book! I swear, I'm human!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

What book(s) do you suggest? 

Quoting jellyphish:

Tea tree and lavender are the safest, most versatile oils there are. I think every home should have them. These are the ONLY oils safe to use neat.

After that I STRONGLY suggest that if there are any other oils you want to use, you get a GOOD book that discusses warnings and contraindications.

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jellyphish:

You sound like someone who has done her research not a textbook :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Julia Lawless' Illustrated Guide To Aromatherapy is a fantastic book for beginners- very easy to read, reference, and find used.

I personally never get an aromatherapy book that doesn't warn against rosemary for people who are prone to seizures or who have high blood pressure. If it doesn't say that, it doesn't have good info about warnings.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

What book(s) do you suggest? 

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

You are a great source of wonderful information and thank you for that!

Natural Birth & Parenting Mod

lovinglife0206
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus. We went through an entire bottle of eucalyptus oil with the last cold that went through our house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Yep I agree! Couldn't have said it better myself. We always keep these around. They are part of our first aid bag. :) they are both great for taking the itch out of bugbites too. I also use them in my homemade bug repellent.

Quoting jellyphish:

Tto is fantastic for first aid. It's anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal. You use it to clean any wounds, especially open wounds. You can diffuse it into the air to clean out nasty illnesses in the house. It also makes a great all purpose cleaner. It's great for ANY infection including the yeasties, cold sores, athletes foot, staph, and so much more.

Since tto is a part of nature, it works with nature. Unlike antibiotic meds which bulldoze all bacteria including gut flora, tto is intelligent enough to only kill pathogens.

Lavender is great for skin healing- such as for burns and closed wounds. It will prevent scarring, and with diligence, even reduce old scars.

Many people think of lav as a calming oil, when in fact it is a balancing oil, it just happens to be true that most people are stressed or otherwise frazzled and need calming. But it will also help to balance a down mood or low energy.

It's also good for many headaches, makes a decent insect repellent, and just plain smells awesome.

Another factoid that I love about lav, is that since it is an insect repellant, no pesticides are needed in production. This means that, whether certified or not, lavender oil is organic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)