Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Unmotivated and depressed

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 7 Replies
I had post-partum depression with my first. Currently am depressed right now and seeing a doc. I am feeling so alone. I have no one to hang out with or do things with and feel so alone. The only people that I talk to is my family that kinda lives near me and my best friend who lives states away. My other "friends" , I am always the one to call them to check in or see if they want to do something. As for work- they are at least 7 years younger than me and are not interested in doing things that I would want to do. Most of the days it is me, the dog, my three year old with the hubs at work. If it werent for my 3 year old, I would be in bed most of the time. It is hard for me to want to do activities and if one comes up, I find a way out. Which is probably why no one calls me to do anything. What am I suppose to do? Tell people I am depressed and it is physically uncomfortable to leave the house?
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
thundersky
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM

i know what you are going through. i am at home 24/7 with my dog and 3yr dd. i play a MMO game so i talk with people all the time, garden and sew. those are some of my hobbies find out hobbies you can do.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

hugs. i always find an excuse to avoid activities too. but DH basically commits me when people ask and then i can't get out of it. so...he helps me in that way. once i get to the activity its usually fine, i just always think i dont want to go because it seems like too much work. could you check out a mommy and me class?

fahmom
by on May. 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Big Hugs mama. I know exactly how you feel and have been there. For me just getting out of the house was a good start. I have 3 dogs so I started with just walking them. Then I got into bike riding and got a bike trailer for my DS. Just not being inside all the time helped me gradually get out of my rute. I refused any medication but talk therapy has helped. Also things lightened up when I started working 2 days a week. I still have anxiety on ocassion but it is bearable. Find something you enjoy doing. I only have one mommy friend that I get to see on ocassion that I met ironically through CM. You are not alone and I do hope that things get better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM

You've got to get out.  The vitamins from the sun can make you feel better.  Just leaving the house and getting fresh air will help.  Hope you feel better soon.

Brandy85412
by on May. 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I'm so up and down lately I don't know what to do.... I know people and get out but at the end of the day I'm still not happy...

I don't know what to tell ya other then your not alone....and

Getting out may help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I just wanted to say that you're not alone in feeling that way. Pregnancy hasn't been great for me, and I'm only halfway done. While I am overjoyed that my pregnancy is going well and can't wait to be a mother, depression has hit me hard, especially in the last 1-2 weeks. I have an appointment with my midwife next week and plan to talk to her about it. Meanwhile, I'm forcing myself to get up and out and find things to keep my mind occupied. *hug*

Justmeandthedog
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Thanks for replying. I'm feeling a lot better and making myself get out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)