Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

EEEk!!! Why didn't you ladies warn me?!

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 37 Replies

I ordered Taking Charge of Your Fertility and Ina May's Guide to Childbirthing. ahhh. you didnt warn me about super graphic pics. i sat down for a nice read before dinner. sheesh!! I told DH not to read that book unless I give him a specific page to read.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Naegore
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM
What's graphic about it? I haven't read it, so I am curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Im ordering that book today. Something to look forward to. Haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM
The sunny-side up baby was difficult for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Have you watched the buisness of being born yet:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy_dawn
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this
LOL! I don't consider either of those two graphic at all. My sister freaked out about the pictures in Spiritual Midwifery (and didn't mention the two books you referred to, though she had them to read as well...but she may not have actually bothered with them). Think of thanking as text books. The pictures aren't there for you to oggle or squirm over nakedness. They are there to give you a visual of what things actually look like, so you don't just have thus cartoon idea of what things might look like. They are there to teach you. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on May. 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
any book with pics it will show stuff... its birth & it has to be done exposing a few parts.. no biggie lol..me& dh watched/read many graphic videos/books while pregnant..
i find most of the pics beautiful.
Naegore
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM
So I am guessing they are nakey and you see baby coming out. Lol. I remember warning dh everytime there was gonna be a naked lady on BOBB. I also borrowed a book on the Bradley Method and there are a lot of nakey pics. I am not sure I could be completely naked in front of so many people. I don't like being naked in front of dh most times :-/

Quoting peaches_04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squish
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Pregnant in America pretty much presents all the same information and there is little to no nudity. I like this one for men, as it is told from the perspective of an expectant father.

Quoting Naegore:

So I am guessing they are nakey and you see baby coming out. Lol. I remember warning dh everytime there was gonna be a naked lady on BOBB. I also borrowed a book on the Bradley Method and there are a lot of nakey pics. I am not sure I could be completely naked in front of so many people. I don't like being naked in front of dh most times :-/

Quoting peaches_04:

baby
baby development
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM
yes lots of naked hairy vaginas! Lol. I guess I'm just not crunchy enough to be comfortable seeing that without some warning. I mean I gave birth but I didn't watch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM
I have heard of that. It's another documentary right? I will look into getting that one too.

Quoting squish:

Pregnant in America pretty much presents all the same information and there is little to no nudity. I like this one for men, as it is told from the perspective of an expectant father.

Quoting Naegore:

Quoting peaches_04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)