Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you could make different choices about your births...

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM
  • 42 Replies
What would you change? Nothing that was inevitable. No "I wouldn't have high bp...I wouldn't have gd"

With my first I wouldn't have been in the hospital, would not have my water broken, would not get pit or the epi. I would have walked and walked and birthed in a birth center.

My second I would keep the same except in a birth center.

My 3rd, I would like to change my attitude. I was terrified and cocky the whole labor. I wish I was humbled before labor started. Not DURING labor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Naegore
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I wouldn't have gone to the hospital the moment my water broke. I wouldn't have gone to the hospital period. I would have had a midwife. That would have spared me the whole horrible experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I wouldn't have gone to the hospital so soon - I got signs of pre-e two days before I delivered and they insisted I be monitored because of it, so I was stuck in bed. I know if I had been moving around it wouldn't have been as painful and dd wouldn't have gotten stuck. Which means prob no c-section
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on May. 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM

My 1st-(hospital/dr.)- I would have been better informed. Idk what else i could have changed because i had PreE & was induced..Oh I would have NOT allowed demerol (well i didnt want it then either, but..).. If I would have been better informed & ask more questions could have changed some things..

My 2nd (birthing center/mw) -- Better prepared for the pushing stage, All my hypnobabies work went out the window during pushing.. I would have gotten into a better position & opened my legs more.. Tried not to scream, I was screaming bloody murder & it scared my family that was in the waiting room. Im so glad the BC was not open yet for the day & didnt have anyone else there.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM
First- I would have had a hb. Or changed obs. Or at least refused pit and stadol.

Second- everything would be exactly the same unless I could change that my cnm would have been allowed to do a hb. But I'd choose her in a hospital over someone else at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTwinkleA
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I would have called my midwife sooner so I could have gotten my water birth. My labor was 5 hrs. When she got there my water hadn't broken but I was dilated to a 9. Within the hr baby was born no time to se up tub.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM
First one- would have not gotten my water broken. (birth center)
Second one- wouldn't have let the nurses take my son to the nursery EVER! (hospital birth)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:20 PM
first I wouldn't change anything if I were in that situation again. But....i intend to never b in that situation again so everything will b different from the positive pregnancy test to the post partum. It's hard to explain but I feel I did the best I could with the mental state I was in at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I would have had a midwife both my boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I must say I had a nearly ideal birth. No drugs. I walked the whole time. No tearing. I was in the birthing center only 6 hours before she was born.

I did let them put a saline lock in just in case. It wasn't needed. Next time I'll say no. And next time I think I'd like a home birth (depending on where we're living) I was too scared of complications for my first since my sister had rough labors and one c section. I definitely trust my body more now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Oh and I wanna look into a water birth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)