Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

turning a breech baby

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hello! I am 33 weeks, and so far my daughter is still breech. I know she has time to flip, but i have a heart shaped uterus, so there's a good chance she may not. My OB feels pretty confident that she will be able to turn her so i wont have to have a c-section. Has anyone here had an OB or midwife turn a breech baby? Was it successful? Was it painful? Is it safe for baby? Also, any home remedy ideas are welcome.
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

My mil had her doctor turn her baby.  I just had a friend that delivered her second breech baby at home, and with the watersac intact as well. Look up spinning babies as well. It gives good ways to turn a baby.

Duquesne
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM
When closer to the end point, try acupuncture. :). Baby still has a lot of time to turn around!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Put ice on the top of your belly.
Pulsatilla is the homeopathic remedy.
Worse case scenario she doesn't flip, opt for a breech vaginal birth. There's nothing wrong with that, and your dr can't force you into a cs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

www.spinningbabies.com has a bunch of information. 

Homeopathic remedy http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/turnbaby.asp

Also definitely see a chiropractor certified in the webster technique. You may need to go more than once.  Here's how it works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7rHUFrx5M and this can help you find a chiropractor who can do it http://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/ I recommend doing this whether your baby turns or not. It's great for getting your body aligned for labor.

I don't recommend an external version, personally.  Are you interested in an out of hospital birth if baby doesn't turn? Most OBs are not trained in breech vaginal births but many homebirth midwives are.

VintageWife
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I've never had to have one. I hear they are successful only about half the time and they are painful. Look into the things the others recommended.

Ichthus
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I did the chiropractor webster technique when my dd was breech. She turned, but I couldn't tell you if she would have on her own without the chiropractor or if that made the difference. It was totally worth it, though, to have a vaginal delivery!

doulala
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

If you mean manually (ECV) no I haven't, too dangerous.    But I have done safe & more effective alternatives--   worth consideration of course!
;-)

Try pulsatilla, moxibustion, Webster, many exercises (spinningnbabies.com will help)---     Wishing you all the best!

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Lol I was gonna say spining babies as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on May. 30, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I think there are exercises you can do.  GL

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM

My son flipped breech the morning of an appointment about as far along as you are-I did the spinning babies exercise where you sit on the couch and put your hands on the floor, took a nap and he flipped back head down.  I would start with their website and go for a chiropractor visit.  Neither of those methods has dangerous side effects.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)