Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Interesting birth story on msn.com

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 23 Replies

It's a little bit of a long article, but it's an article written by a woman who was traumatized by her first birth experience.  She was in an induction that wasn't progressing with an overly aggressive OB... anyone want to guess what she ended up with?

Anyways, I was pleased to see such an article on a mainstream webpage.  

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I'll have to look it up.

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Didn't you just have a friend that ended up with a c section after a failed induction?

Quoting VintageWife:

I'll have to look it up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM
That was a good article. I am surprised at the chick who played Blossom, though. If I read correctly, she said that a baby that can't survive a natural birth isn't good for the human race (worded differently in the article). That is just wrong. I now feel that women should do what is best for both themselves and the child. Normally, that means a Med free delivery. I realize that OB's are needed because sometimes, a csection or induction is best. God help that chick if she ever needs an intervention. Will she just allow her child and possibly herself die? I am guessing not considering what she went through the first time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Actually, she said that although there are some that subscribe to the thought that can't survive a natural birth aren't favored evolutionarily, she does not agree with that.

Quoting Naegore:

That was a good article. I am surprised at the chick who played Blossom, though. If I read correctly, she said that a baby that can't survive a natural birth isn't good for the human race (worded differently in the article). That is just wrong. I now feel that women should do what is best for both themselves and the child. Normally, that means a Med free delivery. I realize that OB's are needed because sometimes, a csection or induction is best. God help that chick if she ever needs an intervention. Will she just allow her child and possibly herself die? I am guessing not considering what she went through the first time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM
OK. Good. I reread that a couple times and it just wasn't computing. How could anyone think that, anyways? That's just cruel.

Quoting JMmama:

Actually, she said that although there are some that subscribe to the thought that can't survive a natural birth aren't favored evolutionarily, she does not agree with that.

Quoting Naegore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I was shocked by that quote, also. I had to read it a few times to understand it. I wonder if any of those women who think that way ever lost a child during childbirth.

Quoting Naegore:

OK. Good. I reread that a couple times and it just wasn't computing. How could anyone think that, anyways? That's just cruel.

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting Naegore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow...glad its on a mainstream page
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM
This was good. I was induced for preeclampsia and it took me months to grieve my experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Wow! That made me cry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)