Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

MIL. I have nobody to vent to about this.

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
  • 70 Replies
The following is an email from my fiance's mother. I had sent her a link on the dangerous toxins in perfumes and colognes, as she sent my 3-year-old home reeking of Aqua di Gio (or however you spell it... It's Armani). I've had issues with her in the past for giving him too much sugary shit, cow's milk, and other things I've asked nicely about. I always find out later, but this woman twice my age is always trying to "rebel" against ME, the one person with my kids' best interests at heart. Here's the email:

Nikki,

Yeah, it's called being clean and smelling good.....................

How is it that we never seem to do right with Xavier and tend to poison him, either by the food we feed him, the shampoo we use, the soap we use or whatever other asinine and ridiculous concepts you can come up with each and every time he is with us?  Please do keep in mind that he is ALWAYS showered, smells clean, the dirt is cleaned out from under his fingernails and toenails AND they are trimmed and he actually looks like a cleaned up little man every time he is with us.  God only knows how my sons survived the many toxic everyday normal routines that they were exposed too....the many NORMAL everyday routines that many NORMAL people go through to see that their children are clean.  While we are on the subject....how does a 8 month old child have toenails caked up with dirt??  I guess by keeping your children clean and dirt free, you may be exposing them to toxins so what the hell?  Why even bother?  Is that you genius intuition on the situation????

Well, sugar, let me assure you of one thing......don't you worry about Xavier getting exposed to toxins at our home anymore because the best thing for you to do is stay away from my home and you keep your kids away as well and there will be no more issues.  And the next time Ryan comes by for whatever he comes for everyday, tell him to pick up that organic tasteless shit that you sent over for that poor child to eat.   God help those poor innocent babies!!!!

/email
The organic tasteless shit she's referring to is coconut milk, apples, Annie's bunny snacks, all of which my son loves! I guess I'm a horrible mother.

Gotta say I'm happy I get to keep MY son on the weekends again. No more stressing over what they're doing with him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liebevoll_mami
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this

wow. she sounds like a b***** i'm sorry that you've had to deal with that!!!!!!

but WOO HOO for not having to share your baby on the weekends

shewantsariot
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this
An enormous burden is gone now, I know i did the right thing by initiating this discussion. And I'm sure my child will behave better once he's back in his mommy-approved diet full time. :)

She's also made comments about extended nursing. I'm 8 months in, and she's one of those people who flipped over the Time cover, saying she should be in jail for molestation. I'm glad that ignorant woman is out of my life

Quoting Liebevoll_mami:

wow. she sounds like a b***** i'm sorry that you've had to deal with that!!!!!!

but WOO HOO for not having to share your baby on the weekends

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM
4 moms liked this
Well, I would have revoked her priveleges after she "rebelled" the first few times, but it seems she took care of it herself. Which, in the long run, is better anyway :)

I can't understand why people don't just follow parent's wished when it comes to their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
10 moms liked this
She did you a favor. After I read the first paragraph I thought no way in HELL should your kids be over there again. She agrees! She is obviously ignorant and inflexible: a BAD combination. I think your should email back something like, "I couldn't agree more: you are obviously incapable of respecting our wishes for OUR child and understanding that there are more ways than one to raise a happy, healthy boy. I have NO idea how __(dh) survived his upbringing, but from what I've seen you do to Xavier, it's more a testament to the resiliency of the human body than your backward "parenting" techniques. Thank you for agreeing that your house is not a fit place and you are not fit caretakers of a child. You saved me the stress of having to tell you that myself."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shewantsariot
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I always wanted to take away her privileges and my fiance always convinced me to cave. "They love each other so much." She always swore she would do better and do whatever it would take to be able to keep taking him for the weekends. I should've just listened to my gut. Oh well, it's over now. :)

Quoting sreichelt26:

Well, I would have revoked her priveleges after she "rebelled" the first few times, but it seems she took care of it herself. Which, in the long run, is better anyway :)

I can't understand why people don't just follow parent's wished when it comes to their kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I always wonder why it is so hard for some people to respect a parents desires for their own kids. I mean, how would she feel if she didn't want her child eating something and someone fed it to the child anyways? Bet she would say it's different in some form or fashion. At least you don't have to worry about it. How wonderful it is when adults respond as adults and find a solution. Smh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shewantsariot
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Hahaha I wish I had said that in response! I didn't exactly keep my cool lol

Quoting TTC2Long:

She did you a favor. After I read the first paragraph I thought no way in HELL should your kids be over there again. She agrees! She is obviously ignorant and inflexible: a BAD combination. I think your should email back something like, "I couldn't agree more: you are obviously incapable of respecting our wishes for OUR child and understanding that there are more ways than one to raise a happy, healthy boy. I have NO idea how __(dh) survived his upbringing, but from what I've seen you do to Xavier, it's more a testament to the resiliency of the human body than your backward "parenting" techniques. Thank you for agreeing that your house is not a fit place and you are not fit caretakers of a child. You saved me the stress of having to tell you that myself."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
You emailed back? Post it, woman! Lol

Quoting shewantsariot:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shewantsariot
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL! I said:

Lol I'll be glad to keep them home. Im tired of worrying about what garbage he's being fed anyway. Maybe you can find some other woman's child and control them, push realistic-looking guns on them, and preach about Jesus while at the same time being an asshole. I will sleep so much better on the weekends now. Have a nice day.

Quoting TTC2Long:

You emailed back? Post it, woman! Lol

Quoting shewantsariot:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shewantsariot
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Didn't exactly "lose it" like I could have... I held back a lot because she's my fiance's mother and that reason alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)