Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural pink eye treatment while pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone know of any natural pink eye treatments while pregnant. I have some colustrum already would that work the same way as breastmilk? Or are there any othere treatments? It from allergies so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ichthus
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

colloidal silver - they're good for eye and ear infections.

MomOfFish
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting MomOfFish:

Does anyone know of any natural pink eye treatments while pregnant. I have some colustrum already would that work the same way as breastmilk? Or are there any othere treatments? It from allergies so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Where would be a place that would carry it? Would I go to a pharmacy or a whole foods type store? Thank you!

Ichthus
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

When I googled to find how to spell it, there were places you could buy it online. I would try a store like Whole Foods if you need to get it right away. I've heard breastmilk works, too. I'm sure colostrum is just as good, but that's speculation. I've used the silver, and it worked well.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I'd give the colustrum a try!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Try the colustrum. You can also look into eyebright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_muffin_
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I have used breastmilk and silver. I got my colloidal silver from my naturopatic Dr.

HotMamaRosie
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Hot tea bag on ur eyelids- upper and lower and on the inside. Works every time.
MomOfFish
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try colostrum and the teabags first if that doesn't work I'll try the silver stuff.

rena_goldmoon
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM
My mom told me to just hold a silver spoon on it when my kids got about a year ago. I didn't have anything silver so I just used breast milk but maybe if you have something silver you could try that while you're waiting for your other silver to come in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

use a clean warm rag threw out the day on it. an dont itch.  Any time my kids have ver had ti I do not use medications for it ,I use a warm rag for several minutes threw out the day untill it gets better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN